Grinds

In light of Andy’s grind competition, I realized I don’t know how to do grinds… Finger, arm, thumb, finger spin, etc. I would really like to know how to, and not just to enter the competition, but just to simply know how to. I would especially like to know how to finger grind, above all the others.
Any tips or helpful advice you can give will be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:
Btw, I ordered some Buff Polish. I really only intended to use it for… Well, buffing, but I’ve heard it improves grinds. Will it be better for me as a beginner or will it set me up for failure on non-buffed yoyos, like using super thick, whippy string to get Brent stole and then using super thin, light string?

Finger grind… Throw a trapeze, angle your TH index finger down a little and slide the yoyo on your finger, let it grind for a bit, slide it back to a trapeze… Same for arm, except you go to your arm not finger… Thumb… From a trapeze stick your thumb into the IGR and lift your thumb. There are yye tuts on it… Not that hard… Hopping the yoyo up to grind is a little harder but not that much. I still cant do finger spins, so i cant help you with that one xD

Finger grinds are really cool, but apparently i have the worst yoyo for them (the g funk) apparently the gfunk is really good for all other grinds though.

Alright, thanks guys! I’ll give them a try :slight_smile:

Update! I can now do a successful finger grind!!! Thank you so much for the tips! :slight_smile:

Now you can do grind through triangle.