Green triangle tangle

I just learned the green triangle, and Im really enjoying the trick. I noticed when I hop out of the triangle and land back on the string, I am in the man on flying trapeze mount, however the string between the yoyo and my non throw hand has a twist in it. Is this how the trick works or am I doing something wrong? Im popping the yoyo out towards me, do i need to pop it out the front? Hopefully someone understands what im describing its hard to explain. Would be really convenient to come out of the trick with no twist so im back in the man on flying trapeze minus the line twist. If this is too confusing let me know I can add a pic. Thanks!

2 Likes

This is normal. If popping out the back does not get you a knot it is the correct way. There are different green triangles out there that require you to pop out the front to not get a knot. If you want to land in a trapeze you can pop the yoyo up and out then bring your hand from the right to the left and intercept the string landing on a trapeze. (If you’re right handed) Sorry if that explanation didn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Ummm so it kind of depends how you build the triangle and how you’re holding it before you hop out. Usually, if your index is curled and facing you before you hop out, you can uncurl it and it will be a clean GT. If finger is straight and pointed away, you’ll get a half twist. Here’s a vid to show what I mean.

3 Likes

Yes the half twist is exactly what Im talking about

Instead of

2 Likes

Ya I think you nailed it, Gonna have to work on that with the finger. Thanks for the replys all.

2 Likes

You can tell whether you need to pop out the front or the back of a green triangle by looking closely at where the string starts to attach to the yoyo and following it to see which way the string twists around the top string that the triangle rests on. This is kind of confusing to explain in text but hope it helps.

edit: Just watched Henrys video and realized you are talking about something different.

2 Likes

No worries

2 Likes