Gratitude and progress...

I have some really nice yoyos. A few rare woods, some nice metals, plastics that throw really well…
I’m grateful to have them and to be able to share them.

About a year and a half ago, I was living with friends and desperately trying to hold on to an apartment that had no electricity while transitioning from one job that wasn’t giving me enough work to live on to the one I have now. Since then, I settled my electricity debt, moved to a nicer place, got a newer car, paid off some bills, and have recently acquired some very nice throws. On top of that, I’m having a “growth spurt” with yoyoing. My mental state is such now that it’s easier for me to focus and release negative tension and really play. I’m enjoying this hobby more than ever and learning more than ever. Things make a lot more sense lately.

I’ll be finishing the year with a month on a Duncan Tournament reproduction. I can’t wait to see what next year brings :slight_smile: It’s gonna be fun.

It is so good to hear things are on the upswing in your life Waylon. It is our hope of course that in some small way putting your belly up to the YYE bar and reveling in the camaraderie here has maybe had a part as well. We all have certainly benefited from your contributions.

So glad to hear your report of things going well!

(I noticed you failed to mention that lovely girlfriend of yours. Hope all is still on track there as well.)

Of course! But I don’t revel in it so much as I wallow in it :stuck_out_tongue:

She is so good to me, it’s almost scary. She even tries to understand our hobby.

:smiley:

It’s a match made in heaven when your woman actually asks you step by step how to do a particular trick (such as hop the fence) as in my case. I love that girl ;D

I’m just happy to have one who doesn’t roll her eyes every time I pick one up.

Been there.

I’m glad to hear it!

Yoyoing can bring so many positives.

For me though, a lot of it is the people. My best friends are all yoyoers. Some of them I have never even met.

The community is great. It restores one’s faith in humanity to see so many kind, selfless, generous, and gracious people in one place. I’m glad that life worked out in a way that let me get back to yoyoing as a primary hobby.