Good yoyo for mostly beginner?

Hey everybody, I am a nearly complete beginner, so I want a yoyo that is good for a beginner, but not too awfully basic. I used to have something similar to the Yomega Power Brain XP, if not that exact one. Since then, that yoyo has disappeared into the ether, and I recently decided that I want to get back into yoyos. I was never really great, but I was somewhat good at it, so I don’t think I need a complete beginner’s yoyo. I have been doing some research into the different types of yoyos so I think I know what I want, but I would appreciated input as to whether I am wanting the right thing for my skill level. What I think I want is a modified-type body with a ball-bearing axle, and I want it to be responsive; I don’t think it has to be ultra responsive, but I don’t want to have to learn the fancy return tricks right off the bat. ;D
I would prefer not to spend too much money on this, but I am willing to spend some money for quality. Heck, I’m planning on buying a $33 mechanical pencil!
Any input on this would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Dark Magic 2 for sure. it has two bearings, one for reposive play (slim bearing)and a size C speed bearing for unresponsive advance play. this yoyo is the only yoyo that can handle all the tricks from begginer to expert. well worth the money.

The DM2 by itself is pretty much an “all you ever need” yoyo. If you want to go lesser cost, get the Legacy II. If you want even cheaper, the YYF ONE with two bearings gets you taken care of.

The DM2 is the best bet. The Legacy II is a bit lighter and all plastic. The ONE is great but too light. All come with 2 bearings for responsive and unresponsive play.

Get the DM2, then log your progress with the $33 mechanical pencil.

why don’t you try the FAST 201 or the velocity?

1 Like

Duncan metal drifter!

YYF Speed dial. Like the velocity but it spins longer and will last you into more advanced tricks.