Good Counterweight yoyos?

So I’m ordering a clyw tonight and i also want something that i can beat up for counterweight. I want something not to expensive either oversized or undersized not inbetween. Something super smooth dont care speed it plays.
Right now I’m looking at C3 Halo,Yuuksta,Gfunk and Dv888

I’m not sure how it is for 5A but the G funk is a pretty sweet yoyo. It’s the undersized version of the super G.

ya i just now realized that im looking at that now too

DV888 is pretty good for 5a as is the Yuuksta although the DV888 is much more stable than the Yuuksta and easier to keep in line which is really helpful. I’ve heard protostars are great for 5a. I’m not that great at 5a but I still use my high end stuff (Avalanche and Dynamo) I’m just careful and do it over grass or something and they’re fine. The Genesis and the Super G are also really great for 5a. I’m sure the YYJ SFX or Phenomizm are great for it as well.

I think any 1A yoyo can work for 5A. But in my opinion the Genesis, Supernova, Roll Model, FHZ, YYJ Quest, Macrocosm, and Celestial Deuxieme work best.

Genesis. Its soooo good for 5A. Protostars are good as well.

From what I cant tell about the yoyos you are looking at you have a budget. I would look into getting a YoyoJam Cerberus and a YoyoJam Takeshi Dice. Perfect combo in my opinion.

The trigger It is really tough and won’t get beat up as bad

Well there is the yoyo jam destiny which is made for 5a

He said TO BEAT UP. So all these except trigger and FHZ are metal and expensive (More than $35). Why not look at the Northstar, Protostar, Trigger, Stackless or stacked PGM. Atmosphere’s good but not good for beating up :p.

this. very much so this.
just find a cheap beater genesis on the bst

Ive wanted an 888x for a while so i think I’m gonna get that and a $20 Protostar:D

Fullsized Yoyos with a V shaped are what makes a good 5A yoyo in my opinion. So id say proto/north/shaqlerstar! My fav 5A yoyos. I wouldnt recommened the trigger, as the rings supposedly fall out very easily on impact, so that could become a problem.

888x isn’t really the best 5a yoyo, but it’ll work. You can do 5a with anything you can do 1a with. But the protostar is a great choice.
Something I’m surprised no one mentioned was the dienasty/glownasty.

I find the Canvas works pretty well. Pretty much any rounded yoyo for me.

If you are just beginning, you should get a Duncan Freehand or Freehand Zero. They aren’t the best, but if you are only beginning, why beat up a good yoyo, when you can learn the basics on a cheap, durable yoyo. Then you can get a better yoyo, and not beat it up as much.

If your thinking plastic go with a protostar or the new delrin severe they are both nice if your thinking metal the ne yomega glide is so good for 5A

For me all I did was stick a counterweight on one of my old yo-yos like my maverick that I never played and I was happy.

Really Good Choice ;).

i was doing 5a with a trigger hit concrete all i saw was a rings falling into the sewer TT_TT