Glue as silicon?

Nobody is explaining why this works, so until they do I am not going to advocate it. This seems like a really dumb idea.

Live with it. Learn some self control. Maybe Mi doesnā€™t care much for yours either. :wink:

Back on topicā€¦
Iā€™ve seen a couple of posts on other forums about using hot glue, but it doesnā€™t seem real popular.

1 Like

Hot glue works, and I know Mi doesnā€™t care for me. I will drop it, I was just saying when we discuss it tends to take on another level unintentionally by both parties.

How glue works because it has a texture like silicone when it dries, except it is a less grippy, harder substance. I think glue (Elmerā€™s) would work because it tends to peel and have a soft texture after it is rubbed.

My hot glue and elmers glue all is solid with no texture.
Also why use this over silicone.

Dude feel flowable silicone. It too is smooth.
And if you mean why are we trying to find something that works besides silicone? Some people may not be able to head down to a store and get silicone. I luckily live a 3 minute walk away from Ace Hardware, but some people arenā€™t so fortunate.

My bad, I meant not grippy. I have not come across grippy glue.

Get a chunk of hot glue and slide it against glass, it should grip, then rub off.

Mine is not grippy. I have a glue gun, but perhaps Iā€™m using a different type of glue. Iā€™l check my hardware store to see sometime in the next week. I donā€™t plan on using it because of its adhesive properties compared to Silicone (and that silicone probably works better anyway) but its worth knowing.

why do we silicone yo yos by the way? Me and some of my friends iā€™ve introduced to yo yoing want to know

Silicone acts as a type of response system that is required for the yo-yo to be wound up. Without any response the string could be pulled right out of the yo-yo without giving any spin to the yo-yo. There are many different response systems out there. Silicone just happens to be a favorite for its low response, low cost, and durability.

Oh. Should i silicone my protostar. The k-pads are becoming a pain but the only other yoyo iā€™ve siliconed is my hot shot. Why do people think its impossible to silicone? All I did was remove the spacers, fill the cavity underneath with silicone put the spacer back on, then silicone like how i would guess you silicone a regular yoyo response. It is now one of my favorite yoyos because i sanded it and its a beast for grinds and i can take it to school without being as worried as i would be with my protostar.

In time I bet you would stop caring so much about cosmetic value of your yoyos. To me if I ding or drop my yoyo I donā€™t care, as long as it is still smooth. You donā€™t have to silicone, it doesnā€™t last as long as pads, but its cheaper to get.