Glow in the Dark Strings?

Are any glow in the dark strings being sold at the moment? If not, I don’t know how to make my own string, but might have to look into that if no one has them in stock. Any idea what materials are involved? Appreciate any leads!

2 Likes

The neon colors glow really bright with a black light Black light and light up yo-yo 🪀 - YouTube this is just with a black light flashlight aimed at me.

4 Likes

Hey there! When I delved into making my own strings, it seems to be known that most GitD threads are incredibly rough, so you can get enough into a string to have it glow enough and also feel comfortable. Neons and some whites are fantastic under UV light though. I got a smallish one off of Amazon for around $25 to light things up while throwing and definitely makes string pop on camera even if you’re not standing in a dark room.

1 Like

Glow in the dark string is terrible. That’s why you never see it anymore. Getting some bright neon string and a good black light is the ticket. I have a black light head lamp myself.

1 Like

There should be some available from Twisted String. I found a 5 pack of them on ebay last March to go with my gitd Wedge. The glow on the Wedge isn’t great unless you have a way to charge it up on all sides, but the string did glow ok. I’ve only used it once or twice because it’s not really fun to throw in the dark and my skill level in the dark was even lower so my kids had little interest in watching so…lose lose for me. But there you have it.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried lightly spraying a string with GitD spray paint? It probably would make your string crispy at first, but perhaps if you sprayed it, then after it dried beat it up a bit so it softened, some of the glow is bound to stick… :person_shrugging:

Idk… just a thought.

Oooh thanks! I think I found some of these

1 Like

I’d have offered to send you the remaining two or whatever it comes with if I wasn’t such a yo-hoarder.

Respectable! lol Thanks for the lead!

1 Like