Girl Newbie Question?.

Sorry if i double post someone told me i posted this in the wrong place so hopefully i posted in the right place ;D. Hey guys my names Janice, im a student going to Juilliard and im new to YYE. I just recently got into yoyoing seeing other people yoyo made me want to take it up as a hobby. Heres my problem my yoyo (CLYW Peak) is kind of vibrating a bit or shaky is it suppose to do that or no? If so what can i do? Thanks for the help!

it’s called a vibe. did you drop your yoyo or the axle of the yoyo might be damaged heres’s the solution

hope it works janice

1 Like

If you throw it down and it wobbles touch your finger to it. If the wobble goes away then its your throw, if it stays then its the yoyo. That being said, CLYW yoyos are known for a small vibe.

1 Like

It also might be how you release your throw too. On a bad throw, my Peak is a little vibey. On a good throw, its really smooth.

If you’re new to yoyoing, then why get a Peak? Why not get something by YYJ?

Anyways… cleaning the bearing can sometimes work too. Mine had vibe for a bit, but cleaning the bearing helped it a lot.

Maybe she didn’t realize there was an alternative?

Anyway, unless it seriously interrupts your play, I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Anyway, welcome to YYE! The Julliard school… in Lincoln Center? If so, you’re my hero :slight_smile:

Haha why would i be your hero? And Yes the Juilliard School in the Lincoln Center. Also, my cousin tells me that my throw is pretty good for a begginer, so i doubt it’s my throw.

What are you studying at Juilliard?

That’s good to hear. It’s still a good idea to practice your throw because the better the throw, less of a vibe and the spin time will be great too.

You don’t need to worry about a vibe unless it gets in the way of your tricks. It’s ok, you can’t get rid of it for good (nobody can).

This is off topic but yOkaraMAE says she is from Germany and yet she has better spelling and grammar than most of the Americans on this board.

On topic, I see that my thread is of use here.

Just because she is from Germany doesn’t mean English is a secondary language to her. But if it is, yes, she puts ninety percent of the people on here to shame.

hahah that’s funny guys. The reason why my English is good is because i live in new york and germany i came here when i was in middle school and i occasionally go back to germany. Actually my english is alot better than my german. And for all you guys who want to know what im studying it’s ballet, it my passion i’ve been doing it for years.

That’s a shame, I thought there was another serious classical musician around here, :).
(Kidding, good for you. It’s a tough school to get into.)

This post should definitely help. If you dont have the tape as described what i do with my peak is just finger tighten the axle on one side drop the bearing on that side and screw the other side on top of that. Dont over tighten it because that could damage something. I know that sounds obvious but sometimes the simple fixes are just as good. Welcome to the board and to yoyoing in general.

Good luck with school.

See you around