Getting hit in the head by a yoyo

It’s on Yoyonews somewhere.

what? It’s never happened to you?

Thankfully I’ve only gotten my hands and arms so far. I’ve nearly clubbed my preschooler in the head a couple of times, and my big dumb dogs just walk right in the way.

Did i ever get hit in the head with a yoyo? Yes

Did i remember it? No

I’ve yet to bean myself with a metal, but I’m due.

My “attempts” at 2A are a different story…

1 Like

Well it happens ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I’ve hit myself a few times in the head but no blood was spilled.

I do hit myself right in the front teeth all the time when I pop it up and I’m looking down at it though. All the time.

And here I was thinking yoyoing was helping my reflexes…

I haven’t had any head injuries, but I’ve had the Duncan metal drifter get a knot and when I went to throw it, it came back and smacked dead center on my elbow, left it cut open. And bruised like crazy. Later that day I had my elbow resting out the window of the car and my fiance went to roll it up and it hit right where the yoyo did. It was just as painful. Than I had the yoyo swing back and hit me right in the wrist. Leaving a massive bump. FRIENDLY TIP: metal yo-yo’s are extremely painful. I recommend wearing pads and a helmet if your using one… Yo Yo is a dangerous Sport.

1 Like

My kids have walked into the path of the throw… check.

My 4 year old grabbed one and tried to do tricks, hitting himself in the head… check.

Haha.

But he is hilarious when he tries to do tech.

I had my shutter come right up at my face after a sloppy bind. It probably would have knocked my front tooth/teeth out, but I had my tongue in the way and only ended up with a fat lip.

Smacked myself in the chin last night fooling around with fancy binds.

Tbh, after 3 years, I’ve never hit myself in the head. Ninja reflexes, maybe?

Just tried horizontal with my gnarwhal 2 and realized it was responsive in the worst way possible