Germany joins the Ti game

Hi,

if you’re following iYoyo on Facebook you’ll have noticed that Dave has just announced a very exciting project. Not only is it a co-lab with legendary Germany yoyo manufacturer ILYY and not only is it a Titanium yoyo, it’s golden as well.

My wallet is hiding in fear somewhere in my apartment right now…

Cheers
Andreas

Woah, Titanium left and right, just as much as v-shape bimetals here and there.

did I mention it was gold? :slight_smile:

http://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p480x480/1513199_395320767338616_6171594245597943021_n.jpg?oh=4c0ea42084b5a240ae66ba4ca3782189&oe=56244B29
(image via facebook)

Thankfully, I’ve just started watching Breaking Bad, otherwise I might have missed the detail on the name

1 Like

The market is simply providing what people are buying…

A Ti collab between iYoYo and ILYY. My nonexistent wallet is drooling.

So
Much
THAI

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
its…beautiful… :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

How do you all say Ti?

Thai? Tee-Eye?

When I say TiWalker, I’m saying the two letters desperately followed by walker.

I say it “Tai” like Tai Chi, because that makes the puns work, like "ti"ger and "ti"walker as in skywalker.

I’m pretty certain the intent was to rhyme with “skywalker”. :slight_smile:

But what about the CiTizen? Haha. Just depends on the usage really. “Tai” for TiGer and TiWalker (although, I admit I’ve said T-i-walker in the past, rhyming with Skywalker makes more sense), “tih” for CiTizen, “tee-eye” for Ti5, just “titanium” for standalone. I’ll type TiDream for shorthand, but always say the full title of Titanium Dream if actually speaking.

1 Like

I lolled. Maybe that’s the secret… Thai maching shops are producing all the Thai TI yoyos… :-X

I must admit I have a weird thing about Ti yoyos where I like them to be their natural colour (taking a blowtorch to my Ricochet was just an experiment). It was the dying purple of the Evora’s that actually put me off buying one. If I had realised that he was going to be selling some of those silver teflon-esc coated ones I probably would have picked one up.

Still, I will definately be interested to see the full shape and specs of this one. :slight_smile:

Nice but I think this will be more expensive than other ti.

It won’t, at least not here in Europe. :wink:

Meh, engravings don’t do much for me. Will need to see the rest.

Diameter: 57mm
Width: 42.2mm
Weight: 67.5 grams
Gap: 4.9mm
Bearing: Size C Ceramic KonKave
Response: 19mm Slim Pads

Oh wow…that is beautiful and very easy to look at!

Heavy… :frowning:

Yup too heavy for me.