Germany joins the Ti game

Me 3. It’s real purty though and I like that shape.

I can assure you guys that it feels super light in your hand. Honestly, when I first took it out of the box, I was like “errrr…thats 67 grams?” …then I threw it and it had massive spin.

Kinda like a Draupnir, if you will. It feels super light also and spins forever.

It has the shape of an ILYY Torino…

And the cup of an iYoYo 2 I think…

I NEED IT, NOW

I’m still trying to figure out what this “gold” is. Surely it can’t be 24k gold? And I know for a fact that anodized gold titanium doesn’t look anything like that.

Looks good! Can’t wait to try it at worlds.

That can only be gold plating. Absolutely beautiful-looking! And in its own way will continue to look beautiful once the gold starts wearing out. :wink:

Don’t judge a yo-yo solely on weight, a 67g organic throw with a relatively even weight distribution feels lighter than a 65g heavy rim weighted h or v-shape. I’m excited to try this one!

Looks like titanium nitride to me. :slight_smile:

Totally!

I… didn’t know what that was. :-[ Now I feel (rightfully) sheepish. I clearly overstated the “can only be” case. :wink:

If it helps, I had no idea either. Pretty cool stuff actually, it’s perked my interest a bit more. :slight_smile:

I only knew of it because Suzuki started using it on the GSXR’s fork tubes years ago. :wink:

It does indeed feel lighter than 67g.

The shape (profile) is based on the ILYY Torino.
The step in the gap comes from an iYoYo Steel.

Here’s a picture of a specimen.

http://i.imgur.com/jNWjN2J.jpg