Georgia State Yoyo Contest 2014...

So yesterday was the Georgia State Competition and as of now I am the 2014 Georgia State Champion and somehow managed to place 3rd overall ;D ;D ;D right behind redneckyoyoer (remember him? He’s gotten GOOD), and Sebby. It was honestly one of the best days of my life. I met so many awesome Southeast throwers as well got a lot of yoyos from both raffles as well as contest prizes.

Ill post freestyle vids once they’re up

1 Like

Wow… forum members taking over Georgia?

Redneck isnt from GA, but OMG his freestyle was just too good. His stage presence was on point and his tricks have progressed so far.

i was there and had alot of fun. i don’t remember who redneck or left were, i was kinda busy throwing over at the yoyo brothers booth. :wink:

Massive congratulations mate! Taking 3rd place in a state contest is no mean feat. Will definately be interested to see your freestyle.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, glad to hear you had such a good time. :slight_smile:

I do want to ask for one tiny bit of clarification though, I don’t entirely understand this statement:

You say that you are the state champion but came 3rd? I dont quite understand…

Congrats are definately in order at any rate. Next stop, Bay Area Classic! ;D

There is an overall winner (the person from anywhere with the highest score) and then there is the best from Georgia, or the Georgia State Champion. He finished 3rd overall, but that was the highest ranked person from Georgia. I was there.

Aha! It all makes sense now, thanks for explaining. :slight_smile:

Any vids? I really want to see redneckyoyoer’s freestyle.

They should be up by Friday

Congratulations on your achievement. I look forward to the vids.

Good job lefty! Congrats on the awesome finish and placing! Can’t wait to see the freestyle vids. Keep up the great work man! 8)

Congrats LeftY

Thanks everyone! It truly means so much to me ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh if only I could afford the trip that would be amazing! Since I’m a high school student my contest attendance is less than impressive; I can pretty much only go to GA States. But its still an awesome experience that I got to share with some awesome people. Plus SER is the regional that applies to Georgia Gambit :wink:

So I guess I’ve met one of my goals! I can check that off the list now :). As for the future, I’m not sure what else I want to pursue competitively; competing in SER would be cool, but its a bit too far away. Oh well no need to rush things :slight_smile: