Gentry wins 2015 Nationals!!

So Gentry wins again!! Thoughts?
2015 nats was super fun! I got to meet so many amazing players!

It was awesome. By the way - My son absolutely loves the replay. Appreciate it!!!

What did gentry use for his routine?

A Replay Pro. A huge congratulations to Gentry Stein for winning again. And, props to YYF for making him the right equipment for the job. That Replay Pro is so amazing, for only $15.99. ;D By the way, they are discounted to only $10.60, here at YYE, for the next few days, to celebrate that win. :o I bought a few of them, 'cause I’ve been eyeballing that Aurora for awhile now.

Before I would very probably have bought a replay by now if it werent for those plastic bearing seats.

Because he won with a 15 dollar plastic yoyo. I will never look at yoyo’ing the same. If you have the skill-set, you can play great regardless of the material of the yoyo. Sure some yoyo’s perform better than others, but in the end what counts is you.

Where are the links to the Videos?? please

Angry Skills!!! I thought it was great to see. The 1A division was so stacked, they couldn’t go wrong. Everyone brought there “A game”.

nice choice TA

I don’t think that they are up yet…

Ya man. :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to get it.  I’m super jealy now, because you even got to take such a nice photo of it too.  I hope I get a nice one like yours.

It looks like Nationals videos have not been uploaded just yet.  In the meantime, check out his demo at NER recently, this month.  He is in chill mode, playing Replay Pro.  His favorite seems to be the yellow/pink color.  I got to meet him that day too, so cool!  ;D

first time I got a good splash I liked buying from a store. I was thinking about bustin out my d7000 to take a photo but I got lazy and just used my phone and good old natural light. Plus I don’t have a nice light box like you do so no point in trying to compete with you. You’ve already the yoyo photographer. I joined the game too late for that title.

He did it with a plastic what a boss :raised_hands:t2:

But Gentry would not have done it if zach competed. And I find strange is Jensen won WORLDS with a cheap plastic. Why does no one remember that? Even Gentry would not have risked that.

EDIT:

i never get tired of that routine. And I’ve been wondering. When was he with yyf?

He wouldn’t have done it if Zach competed?  :-\  How could you possibly know that?  And, how could you know what “risks” Gentry might take?  I don’t think anyone forgot about Jensen competing with the $35 YoyoFactory plastic at Worlds.  But, Gentry just won a major contest with a $16 plastic yo-yo.  I think it’s perfectly fine to be excited about that.

1 Like

Hmm. Interesting read. No need to say more. Anyways.

I’m not gonna lie. Winning with a plastic isn’t everything. But it’s not something to ignore. It just shows how precise these players are. These guys have real talent and deserve all the bragging rights. Regardless, they put a routine together, practiced it with blood sweat and tears and placed 1st. That’s all that needs to be said.

It’s perfectly fine to be happy about Gentry Stein winning with his signature YoyoFactory yo-yo, which happens to be a $16 plastic. The yo-yo has his name on it, and he used it to win the contest. Support him, and celebrate his fantastic signature yo-yo, by buying one for only $10.60, a special price here in the store, for the next few days. Period.

1 Like

Gentry and Zach are super close on skill level. Gentry would need every ounce of skill he’s got. Registration closed the on the 9/22/15 while the interviews were probably filmed after prelims. (Correct me if I am wrong.