Genesis Help Whats It Like?

Hi guys.
i looked at the genesis and i think im in love
is it any good?
i like it and i have enough money for it:)

so whats it like?
im really not sure? and where can i get spare flowable silicone?
please write back asap because were ordering soon

it is very good. get it at hardware stores.

Again? Whatever.

The Genesis is a wonderful yoyo. If you think you might like it and can get it then why not? However, do you know how to bind?

Flowable silicone can be found at auto stores.

What the… ? YOU SERIOUSLY NEED to stop changing your mind on which yo-yo to buy, lol. First it was X-Convict then it was PGM then it was dv888 and now it’s Genesis? Make up your mind here… Out of all those yo-yo’s you have wanted, I would reccomend the dv888. And if you wanted the dv888 before, and you want the Genesis now, that doesn’t even make sense because the Genesis is TOTALLY different from the dv888. Try a dv888, that’s all you need… you will be very happy with it.

Hey
well i just see different things that appeal to me
i like genesis and i can kind of bind
not like andre but the way he teaches on his video
i just like the genesis because of all the great things i ve heard and it looks really good:)
i am thinking about getting that with the purple rain edition ;D
so what do you think?
and what do u mean by dv888 is all i need ???

that yoyo is too high for a skill player at your level.

but wouldnt it just make me better?
how is it to good?
i can do eli hops lol and i could learn budahs revenge i just need the time
i can do the zipper, rewind,matrix, i can kinda do kwijibo and i need a long spinner
what is it that makes it to good?

Absolutely not.

Sorry, but it’s true. If you can’t even bind well then a metal won’t do any good.

1. What do you mean “kind of bind?” 2. So you like the Genesis because other people say they like it? 3. Yes, you may see things that appeal to you, but make up your mind. Just because something looks good, doesn’t mean it plays well. You keep changing your mind. 4. I am going to find a preference thingy, and post it here for you. You are going to fill it out, and I or someone else can help you find the perfect yo-yo for you.
  1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. What weight is ideal to you?
  6. Does color matter?
  7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  8. What is your price range?
  9. What is your skill level?

i get it that its a good yoyo
but whats the difference between that and a dv888?
im confused ???
the genesis is like sooo… kooll though and i like it but…
HELP!
i think that i could handle it(maybe)

SR, just modify your post next time.

Also, he doesn’t seem to have preferences yet so he’s just going on what he sees.

LD, just look at pictures of the DV888 and Genesis. You can tell what the differences are from there.

I personally don’t think you should get either though. A PGM would be ok, maybe a plastic from YYJ that you like.

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. What weight is ideal to you?
  6. Does color matter?
  7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  8. What is your price range?
  9. What is your skill level?
    [/quote]
    1.I Dont like big yoyos, like i have a hitman and something smaller wouldnt be bad, or same size or even a bit bigger, is the genesis bigger or what?
    2.i want something that feels good in the hand and doesnt have much of a dip, like a hitman lol
    3.umm… i dont really want hybrid agin but i would like oring and i would just replace the groove. but i liike the silicone of genesis:)
    4.i think i would just put a little lube on that i’d get from my friend and i would just put string on and leave it spec
    5.i wouldnt really like a really light yoyo, im not sure but it can be heavy:)
    6.err… not really becuse yye always have something cool, but i like purple rain:)
    7.i like string tricks and things that come from breakaway like eli hops and budahs revenge but i dont mind others but theyre the mains
  10. well… i dont really want to pay like 120 and that for like dna and superstar, buit i could get any yyj but i kinda wanna have a good yoyo(metal preferably) and i want to make it last for when i get better, thats wy i want a good one:) so genesis is in my price range
    9.i can do eli hops but i kinda need a bigger gap because im using an xcon for it and it fully tight:( but i can do 3-5 of them, i learned matrix easily along with zipper and rewind and i could do budahs revenge and part of spirit bomb(if i had a long enough spin and some more time because im gettin really annoyed with my hitman lately

hope this helped yu guys,and me lol
write back please do

i have a hitman and i need something better
i can control it easily and my friend has an unresponsive xcon and i can control that easy aswell
i really dont wanna go to plastics
wanting all meatl because this yoyo will need to last a while and i need something more advanced.

Well, you have an X-Con (or is it an X-ConVict?) and that is a pretty advanced yoyo. Hitman is the same way. I would suggest working with those two until you can have the gap all the way loosened and still bind with it. I really wouldn’t get a metal at this point, but if you do want to then get what looks good to you. Whatever metal you get will be a great yoyo.

i dont have an xcon, its my mates
but i do have a hitman and i dont have it screwed tight and i can bind
i need something more advanced do i think i will get the genesis
does it have ggod spin times?
and what colour do you like?

Ok then. Hitman is fine too.

It’ll spin long enough, same with your Hitman. Both will spin plenty long enough.

It doesn’t matter what color anybody here likes, it only matters what you like.

ok, so looks like its purple rain edition lol
some string
but does the yyj silicone fit a genesis?
what about any kpads?

if not ill get some from a hardware store when its needed
thanks for all the help

ps do i need anything else if im getting that?
any luxuries???
ill get lube from my mate

I’m sort of getting the same feeling as a lot of other’s here. You’re looking at metals with massive gaps, that are probably going to give you a lot of difficulty. If you are really set on getting a metal, I’d at least save your money for now and go with a Dv888. Either of these yoyos can handle pretty much any tricks out there, but the same is true of a hitman. It’s the player, not the yoyo, and it doesn’t seem like you’re ready to step up quite yet.

That’s just my opinion from what I’ve read here, but you are free to do what you like. Just make sure you understand that these yoyos have large gaps, and need to be handled with care. Metals do not take well to making contact with other things :S The rest is up to you.

What he said.

Remember that you’ll probably have troubles with binding if you can’t do it really really really easily, even when the yoyo is spinning extremely slow.