Genesis Help Whats It Like?

If you don’t like big yoyos, you will not like the Genesis.

ok thanks
but is it bigger than a hitman or DV888? is it even big or just the gap ???
i dont really mind just kinda half binding. AT FIRST
I just really like the genesis lol
i can snap start and spin start my hitman and theres something wrong with my bearing on it and even with another bearing ican bind on it easily

my friends xcon is unresponsive and i can bind easily on that, because of this certain bind i do.
last night when i went off i was playing with my hitman completely unscrewed and i could bind

i know the gap is large but i want a metal yoyo to try it out because i might be ready

Its way bigger then both of those. But here is a review:

[quote=“skatcat31”]Introduction:
YYF: A three letter combination that means only one thing… Yo-Yo-Factory. Known for smooth throws, and legendary designs, YYF is one of the worlds top yo-yo companies today, high up there with YYJ and Duncan. They constantly provide smooth, great playing yo-yos that provide amazing play. They are also known for their hubstacks, that provide for very unique tricks, and matador style play if wanted. They also have AMAZING proffessional throwers, like Augie, and Miguel. Then they both have signature yo-yos. Miggy, as he’s often referred to on teh interwebs, recently released his signature yo, the next evolution in the evolution line, the Genesis.

Look:
Red, stepped, and shaped. Here’s a quick preview: H. It’s built for 5A from YYF previous H shaped yo-yos, the G5, G5+, GM2, Skyline, and Super Star. But it takes the DNA of the GM2 to a whole new level. With a new step design, a new rim design, and a new stackless body, Miggy created one beast of a 5A monster exactly how it should be done. It literally is EVERYTHING a 5A yo-yo should be with a stepped design. Aw look, it’s blushing. No wait, that’s my mascara, how’d it get on the yo-yo… I swear, holloween just can’t come fast enough for this yo-yoing ballerina costume.
.75 for and odd look.
1 for tech.
.9 overall

Feel:
In the hand:
Since it was designed to be a 5A yo-yo, i tested it for about 12 hours in 1a, and boy was it uncomfortable for that setup. Course you learn from your mistakes. Attaching it to a counterweight, and holding it how I throw my 5A made it feel like I was holding a piece of homemade apple pie… Hot… Very hot.
.4 for 1A, but since it’s a 5A yo-yo, I’ll rate that feel instead.

On the string:
It plays 1A just like very other 1A yo-yo. But in 5A it really shines. It’s stable, agile, and just the right weight that a counterweight isn’t thrown around like a pillow in a wood chipper. Most yo-yo, unless designed for 5A, are usually not heavy enough and carry so much speed that they send the CW flying away, like a rubber pylon being hit at 100+ MPH by a sedan. The Genesis is a tad heavier at 67 so it isn’t as fast, but still carries momentum. IT won’t make your CW fly away, but it will get it up and over no problem, and with a heavier CW it purrs happily. Lighter throws usually tend to move to fast for 5A, so a heavier throw is a plus. Of course there are exceptions to this rule, but I have yet to see one. This one is a different type of exception though. It’s just so awesome that 5A is a treat with it. Having lost most of my 5A ability, this made it easy to relearn and remaster it.

Overall feel:
.7, not to comfortable at 1A, but perfect for 5A, it’s a mixed bag meant for a specific purpose.

Tech:
This one gets a tech rating from me. After a lot of research I know what makes perfect 5A yo-yos. After playing with this, I can say it is a perfect 5A stepped design. It’s weight is where it should be, and it’s full size with MONSTER rim weight (4/6 of the weight of each half is in the rims, as compared to 3/5 of most other designs from what I can tell) means that it is plenty stable. It’s unique IRA actually leads to a high amount of agility as well. Sure it can’t thumb grind all that well until you get used to it, but it makes up for it with a touch of extra spicy win sauce. However this isn’t a yo-yo for 1A, as it’s uncomfortable in the middle of your hand. It still does 1A like a prodigal child can do whatever it is they are good at, it’s really a savant when it comes to 5A.
in a 1A setup I’d give it a .5
In a 5A setup I give it a 2. Yes I know my scale stops at 1. This is special. It gets a 2.

Conclusion:
Tyler, get one. ASAP! The most perfect 5A yo-yo I’ve ever seen, I don’t think anything will come close to this in YEARS.
In 1A: .6
In 5A: 2
[/quote]

Get an m1, theyre $60 and blows all the fundametals out of the water (ive tried them all the dv888, frantic, and hectic). but just because the genesis looks cool doesnt mean its good, an x-con and hitman can do everything just as good as it and are half the price.

where can i find m1???
is it on yye
i need to be ordering from yye!!!

The M1 is only sold at the One Drop store and One Drop’s handpicked retailers. You cannot get them at YoYoExpert as of today.

So… this means you haven’t tried the Genesis, the Boss, the C13 or the Severe?
I think you’re jumping the gun a little on not recommending the Fundamentals. :wink:

2 Likes

the hitman is a undersized yoyo, i feel that the dv888 is a tad undersized but leaning more toward the regular size or normal sized yoyos. If you like the hitman, i would recommend a all metal yoyo with a gap a little bit bigger then the hitman (around 4.00 mm) so that u can bind easier, but if you think you can take it, go with a YYF hectic, or a BOSS, i tried them and they are both great, but the hectic is smaller so if you like smaller yoyos, go with the hectic, Small yoyo big gap for easy stringhits. You win with either of those yoyos

DV888 and Hectic are the same size, and both are smaller than the Hitman.
Why would a larger gap be easier to bind?
Small yoyos are harder for string hits.

(Sorry, I don’t mean to sound mean there.)

i never said it was easier to bind, and by easier to make string hits i mean that the gap was bigger

Yeah, you did. I didn’t mean to sound condescending or anything though. I was just pointing out some errors.

i said you could bind easier with 4mm in the bubble right before i said that you could bind easier

Ok that makes sense, minus one thing. The Hitman gap is around 3.52 mm…

do you know of any all metal yoyo that has a gap of 3.50 mm? so i was just rounding up to around the gap size a couple of metal yoyos are

so you guys think DV888?
Yeh i think i will
thanks for the help but im liking C13:)
whats ur thoughts on that

Get the dv888.

Facepalm

Why should he get that?

LD, if you’re going to get a yoyo, just pick one. It’s going to be all up to you, so please stop asking.

the genesis is like a G5 but with bigger rims so if you like the G5 i think you will like the Genesis.

Warmest Regaurds

-Matt