General Yoyo Thoughts

lol I love this

2 Likes

I just bought a resin 3D printer this week. I will probably try and make some 5A counterweights for myself, but I need some design inspirations!

10 Likes

Rubiks cube

2 Likes

I printed a counterweight one time, it was too big though.

I think there was a YYE 3D model floating around here at one point? Maybe I’m crazy. And an X is probably not the best shape for a counterweight.
(My resin printer is covid trapped at school. I miss it.)

2 Likes

That’s a new term for me :joy: :cry:

3 Likes

This is what I was thinking of. It does not look useful for a counterweight.
https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/t/3d-printing/302206

2 Likes

I just meant a like a regular cube shape.

Something like this, I imagine?

The thing is, it won’t really look like a Rubik’s Cube without the faces painted the six canonical colors. And unfortunately I would expect the paint to start wearing away before very long.

4 Likes

What about a down scaled yo-yo as a counterweight?

1 Like

Yeah.

I thought about that too. I’ve seen photos of folks who have used actual tiny yoyos as counterweights. However, a yoyo model scaled down to about 21mm (the size of a Duncan CW die) might be too small to be recognizable as a yoyo. Like, when I see the Mighty Flea, I don’t see a yoyo, I just see a small metal blob.

3 Likes
  • Beef hook
  • Reverse hook

0 voters

Which ones harder.

2 Likes

Beef hook no question. Reverse hook is even easier than standard hidemasa hook.

1 Like

How is reverse hook easier than normal hook lol. Maybe for some people it is or it’s just because the motion is realllllly weird to me.

1 Like

I voted wrong it’s beef hook.

2 Likes

Why

2 Likes

I get where he’s coming from. Idk if I would say it’s easier but once I got it down it’s just as effortless for me as regular hook is

2 Likes

Oh Pyro 66…why do you like to eat strings? (what’s the best way to fix this? I’ve gently rubbed the engraving area, didn’t see any burrs around the bearing seat)…

6 Likes

It could be the engraving causing that :frowning_face:

Have you tried rubbing it against denim?

4 Likes