General Yoyo Thoughts

Yeah it is. The response pads are worn out too but… Is the kun much bigger then the mighty flea?

4 Likes

i think it might be a tiny bit bigger, and that’s why it works better lol.

5 Likes

Having browsed further I couldn’t tell you the pros and cons of sideffects…

3 Likes

so Mark, the pink Umbra sold out fast, is it any good?

3 Likes

The pink one is 2% more awesome than the blue one, but they’re both fantastic, and they play the same. I play both of mine equally, but I think the pink/purple takes better photos.

The very idea of a super wide yoyo is really enticing to me, but the Monster/Superwide looked too small (in diameter) with a funky shape, and the Monster Edge didn’t really feel the way I wanted to. So I grabbed that inverse round shape (my fave) and made the Umbra (the actual process was much longer than this)

Of course you can try one at yoyoclub next week!!!

7 Likes

aw yeah! BUT! it depends on whether my brother will drive me. he still hasn’t given me an answer yet.

4 Likes

I’ve had a 180 on a lot of my hard stances recently so I thought I’d post them here.

I no longer think buying multiples of a yo-yo you like or multiple similar designs is the way to go over a diverse approach that gives new experiences.

I no longer have a firm anti nylon stance, trying Airetics made me realize that I’ve just had unfortunate experiences in the past with the material.

I’m willing to budge on my stance that more efficient yo-yo designs are inherently more worthwhile than weird or less efficient designs. Yes i will still claim low walls, bigger catch zones and more rim weight are better, because they are objectively better. But the experience itself (not the yo-yo) may be better for many people playing with less efficient designs, because they do feel and play differently.

I don’t think the market is over saturated necessarily anymore, i think the smaller brands releases are spaced out enough that the people who have a few brands they follow it’s not bad. I do think that it’s going to be harder for bigger brands, mostly YYF to maintain the constant stream of releases they have though, a lot of their low profile releases just go unnoticed amid the other high profile releases from other brands.

11 Likes

Made my first clip video today. Go easy on me guys…I’m a noob!

13 Likes

The thing I personally like the most about Side Effects…is the way they look. I don’t care so much about the tiny differences they may make in the feel of the yo.

1 Like

I think da5id’s answer in that reference is the key. It’s primarily a production method to solve a problem they saw in existing yoyos.

2 Likes

bro! Twitch! that was so cool! glad to see you progressing fast!

2 Likes

two comments

-the only issue i saw was the vikings hat (go pats, brady rules!)

-dude’s so committed, he has a green extension cord

6 Likes

Which leads to a green lamp (true story lmao)

haha no worries! The only reason I have the hat is cause my dad’s a fan. I don’t pay any attention to football…in fact I got so sick of people asking me about the vikings when I’m out and about…that I bought a plain green hat! >.<’ I don’t know the first thing about the Vikes.

3 Likes

tell the truth, i don’t follow football either… i just like baseball (go sox!). but you have to support the home team, regardless of where you are.

3 Likes

I live in Wyoming…no home team! lol

3 Likes

Broooooooooo

Do you bind your breakaway throws from a trapeze mount???

That’s brutal :fearful: :fearful: :fearful:

4 Likes

lol not on everything. My favorite binds atm are the Sky Bind and Ghost Bind.

I just do the bind from the trap when I’m being lazy haha

3 Likes

You mean 95% of the time you had to bind in this video? lol

Sorry sorry. I just had the weirdest reaction from seeing you doing that. It was like watching something putting on shoes and then socks over their shoes.

5 Likes

Nah my “local” team is the Bruins. I’m a Habs fan.

3 Likes

lol I didn’t know there was a thing against this bind :stuck_out_tongue:. I guess the worst (?) thing about it that I can think of is that it’s extremely basic and not at all flashy.
It’s super easy though and convenient. And my binds with it are tight, so I can’t complain about that.

A lot of these clips are older as well. I’ve been trying to do fancier binds more often (though in truth I do use the trapeze bind a lot still).