general yo ipod background

Like this much better, and if it were to match my color scheme I may have used it because of how the name fades in I didn’t even see it at first.

I think this is hilarious, Cameron, because at this very moment you are most likely wearing clothes with branding on it, shoes with logos, perhaps typing on a Logitech brand keyboard, all while using your Windows or Apple computer, talking about how you don’t want a name on your Apple iPod’s background.

heheheheh

Gigaware… hahaha and my comp isn’t brand name… and I’m naked… Lol, but I want logos, just not of some kid online that I don’t even know that doesnt appeal to me. I use save deths logo. It appeals to me, I use pokemon logo, it appeals, I just don’t like how it looks.

Don’t ever mess with the apple logo…

;D
http://www.bablotech.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/apple-sucks.jpg

Yeah everyone knows how good Apple computers are.

Thanks for the background Preinfalk.

That doesn’t mean it’s too simple. Alot of things people use in Photoshop are or are made from a resource they downloaded. There is a fine line between simple and just right :wink:

As for this, it’s overly messy. Colors don’t all complement just right.

The inverted Hatrick wasn’t your best choice.

The star either needs to go or be put in the background. It’s a VERY distracting object.

Sorry if I sound somewhat harsh, but I’ve been “trained” to criticize. It is how you and others get better. :wink:

So what a critic came to your house and taught you how to criticize? IMO I am getting a “hey listen to my advice because I’m good and you aren’t” vibe.

And yes it does mean it is too simple. A true digital artist would create every aspect of the image itself except maybe the Gen-Yo logo.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. A Digital artist can cover a WIDE range of things. Not just a scratched image.

I’ve been using Photoshop for 2.5 years now, and I’ve learned alot on different graphics forums. If you don’t get what I’m saying, criticism is how you get better. You learn from your mistakes, and people can help point these out.

This is VERY simple, yet different, no?

Simple isn’t a term you can use on just about anything. Different art styles have different “levels” of simplicity.

If you make a tag:

You don’t want it too simple. However, there is such a thing as messy. Messy basically is crowded. It’s a term used for using too much on one thing or using those things in a manner that they shouldn’t be.

Art has alot of different terms. Wallpapers don’t have to be scratched, but you want them to look neat and well-thought-out.

As for this wallpaper, here are my suggestions:

1. Put the star in the BG at 100% fill/opacity
  2. Inverted Hatrick should be returned to normal.
  3. Set the colors to complement the Hatrick.
  4. Use the General Yo logo.

These things will INFINITELY make this better.

If you have anything else you’d like help with, just let me know. I can try my best to help :slight_smile:

EDIT: Took down because I am going off topic.

I am not trying to start a flame war. However, and not to sound prideful, I think I’m more than capable of giving graphics advice :confused:

Advice wise, we gave the same advice, we just have different POV’s about art. ANYWAYS… I would like to see what you come up with.

I’ll give a shot at a Gen Yo WP.

I love how when anyone flexes their knowledge, it’s automatically “showing off”. That is, of course, unless you are being a jerk about it. I don’t think anyone has reached that point yet, though.

Also, regarding the crowded-ness, I agree that the wallpaper is a tad chaotic, but I almost got that feel on purpose because it matched the grungy feel of it. A little bit of simplification could help.

Also, if you REALLY wanted to go all technical, you could move your name to the bottom-right. This is because our eyes follow a top-left to bottom-right path when looking at something. Notice how we place words when we write a letter:

The rest of the text and directions of elements could conform to this pattern to make it all the more easy to look at.

Oh ho ho, look at me “showing off” :wink:

Lol, let me explain myself. I have talked to DG and I feel like he is a guy like me, he wants attention. I try and fight it but a lot of times I want to grab everyones attention and say I’M COOL!!!. I notice that in a lot of posts he throws his own images out, I would say there are 3 or 4 maybe even more of that girl with the heart. I feel he is coming off like that because I come off like that. Plus the internet takes away tone and diction so it’s like everyone can’t tell emotions. All I am saying is he could have givin the advice he did (which I am not trashing, it’s the same advice I gave) without throwing his own work in it.

About the name, yeah very true, it’s a natural thing from reading. Maybe I will take a crack at a wallpaper… hahaha

Not trying to get attention.

Criticism in graphics is always going to seem harsh at first. That’s how it is. What it is to those who know what it means is that it is a system of pointing out flaws and giving tips to fix them.

That’s all I was trying to do. It wasn’t a case of “do this. I’m better than you”. It was supposed to be “Try this and see if the overall outcome is better”. The way I word things is the same way I’ve done it for a year and a half. It’s how I learned criticism and what works. And, TBH, I’m still learning, but I feel I’ve got enough knowledge to critique this.

Ok.

A picture is worth a thousand words :wink: . Plugging his own images MIGHT be necessary…

Touche.

Plugging? Umm… ??