g5 vs. 888x

I know there are a couple like these, but I wanted everyone to vote for this keeping in mind that I’m a beginner and this would be my first metal. If you can please leave a comment on why you voted for what you did and opinions would be great. Much appreciated!

Okay first off thanks to everyone for being so nice.

I can bind, I’m using a psg right now, and I can do all the intermediate trick on this site. The reason I want a metal is because I tried a friends and it was so much easier to learn tricks on it cause it slept for so long. I am getting a used yoyo, in case anyone had a grip about me getting a new one.
thanks again!

common bro use the search function.
BUT if i had to choose it would be the G5. you will never find a more stable yoyo.

1 Like

Ima go with 888x.
I grew up on it and I love it
I’ve owned both and at one point loved the G5 2010 Version.
If you don’t like Undersized and like a fast light and superstar replica go with the g5
If you like Skylines , Campfires , Popstars , Undersized throws go with he 888x.
It’s all PREFERENCE.

1 Like

You are a beginner looking for their first metal. Well ok. I would definitly not choose the G5 or the 888x. I am fairly sure that these are unresponsive yoyos, and you are a beginner. So I would pick the Yoyojam Dark Magic 2. As a beginner, (i am not sure) but i would guess that you are not ready for either of these yoyos.

I would suspect that he can bind and do basic tricks if he is looking for his first metal. Dont mean to argue, just what I think. Beginner is often confused with new to yoyos. Beginner could be someone who is just not good.

And to the OP, I’ve found that the 888x is more stable. I like it way more than the G5 at least. Do yourself a favor and buy off the BST since its your first metal and you will eventually ding it. A decent 888x can be had for around $35

1 Like

personally g5. my experience with the 888 series wowed me at first but now I find it very unstable

1 Like

888x is more stable? what yoyos were you playing with? the G5 has so much rim weight and is probaly one of the most stable yoyos out there. and you can get them for around 50-60 brand new on the BST.

I absolutely understand what you are trying to say. I just think that there is no need to spend almost $100 on your first metal yoyo. I think these would be too much to handle for him.
So let’s get this clarified. Nightsjust: how much experience do you have yoyoing and can you bind. Also, would this be your first yoyo with a bearing.

1 Like

Thanks for the help so far you guys, I updated it with more info

I’d say g5. However that’s not based on anything other than my own preferences. I’ve owned several 888’s and I’ve traded all of them away. They were all fine yoyo’s just not my thing. I found I just didn’t play them. The g5 is another story. I’ve only owned one and play it often. Many people love the 888, you know it’s a great yo and so do I.

Since you are looking to buy a used metal, I’d say let the price, condition, and availability choose your metal happiness.

I know you will enjoy whatever you get.

1 Like