G5 Help!!

My G5 was opened last night as a gift. I used it for a good bit, it being totally unresponsive. This morning though, it only slept for 6 seconds, the bearing made a loud, odd sound. What do I need to do or buy?

play with it for another day or two and give it time to work out whatever is going on. If it doesn’t help then contact the store you bought it from via the contact us button.

moved

1 Like

Try thin lubing it then just play through it

That sometimes happens when I did not screw the yoyo together tight enough after untangling a string. You should also make sure that the string has not pinched between the bearing and the yoyo.

Also, make sure that the axle is seated so that axle itself is not causing the vibration due to it being off-center between the two screwed-togther halves.

I would avoid the lube unless that is the feel you want for your bearing. If there is a problem created by the initial play - grit; or there is a defect in the bearing unit - the lube will only hide the trouble for a bit.

could be a defect. last year i got a G5 and an 888x and there was a defect with the 888x’s bearing. spun for 10 seconds at most and was incredibly loud. when i spun it, it barely moved. it was fine.

it could be that there is some dirt in the bearing and it needs cleaning, so just open the shields and check before you trash it.