From Freshly Dirty - How to create a yo-yo case out of a VHS cassette

This was really cool. Gonna need to dig around for a spare video cassette so I can try this myself.

18 Likes

As with any good yoyo case, make sure your yoyos are allowed to slide around on plastic and metal for protection.

I hope this video is a joke because this is stupid.

1 Like

Wow thatā€™s so cool. Neat idea for a DIY case.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a damn shame to see a high quality ninja training tape go to waste. :cry:

3 Likes

I know I was thinking the same thing. They should probably consider adding high grit sand paper as a liner to prevent the yo-yo from moving around .

4 Likes

Well that was certainly the mostā€¦ Unique case Iā€™ve seen. I donā€™t think Iā€™m going to be switching from my zero gravity case anytime soon though.

1 Like

I think it was a spoof of one of those Hack My Life shows I used to watch where the time and effort used to create the hack was sooo not worth it.

But a needed thread considering what else has been going on

2 Likes

Lol I got a very ā€˜5 Minute Craftsā€™ vibe.

1 Like

Some people play their yoyos and donā€™t care about scuffs. Itā€™s a yoyo called the VHS and itā€™s made to look like the spools in a VHS. Lighten up.

1 Like

The video is pretty clearly meant as a joke, but the tone isnā€™t real clear until partway in. I donā€™t blame Links as I wasnā€™t sure what I was watching until the guy from FD started gluing random pieces of the casette back into it to hold the yoyo in placeā€¦ Itā€™s also gigantic, requires taking your yoyo apart (lol), and offers virtually no protection. I think someone else may need to ā€œlighten upā€, this idea is asinine even if it does have a certain comic appeal.

Looks like thereā€™s only one person here taking this too seriouslyā€¦ Lighten up.

Oh, here we go again

1 Like

You must not have seen the ā€œcurrent top 5ā€ thread, then? Youā€™re missing the real dramaā€¦

I didnā€™t call anyone or anything stupid like the top comment lol. Iā€™m simply explaining the video and the yoyo behind it

ā€¦

Then this case is an enigma.

The point of this case is that itā€™s more successful than the Betamax version.

5 Likes