Freehand 2 Mods?

I got a freehand 2 today for fun. I have several questions about it.

1. How can I take a few pounds off of this? It snaps back to my hand an renders it numb (literally) for a few seconds. (It’s a 70 gram hunk of plastic :stuck_out_tongue: )

2. Can I change the response?

3. How do I put the extra spacers in?

4. Basically, how can I mod this yoyo?

I apologize for the blizzard of questions :-\

EDIT: I DID search for mods for the freehand 2, but all of the mods were for the freehand zero :frowning:

You can use a suction cup to take the caps off then take out the o-rings so its lighter.

Why can’t you do the same mods to the FH2 as to the FHZ?

With the original FH2 you can. The new one has that pad recess. Changes things a little bit.

The fh2 has paper caps and is slightly different than the freehand zero.

Yes but the mods will basically the same.

Thanks for the help, I’ll start looking at fhz mods :slight_smile:

Right now, my biggest question is how i put the spacers in. I try to put them on top of the brass spacers but that doesn’t even screw together. :frowning:

EDIT:

The specs are slightly different, except the fh2 is 6 grams heavier (more plastic.)

What spacers are you trying to use? You normally replace the stock spacers with a different pair or you can put shims underneath the stock spacers.

The freehand 2 comes with two metal spacers that on the instructions, it says they are for “advanced play.” The spacers are slightly (like 1/2 mm) thinner than the brass ones that are already put in the yoyo… I think I’m supposed to keep the brass ones on and add the spacers with them, because replacing the thicker spacers with the thinner ones will make it more responsive. (I’m going on and on, aren’t I? lol)

EDIT: Just for clarification, the brass spacers are exactly the same as the metal ones, excapt for the fact that the metal ones are a tad bit thinner (not as high.)

So you already have the thick spacers in there. You can’t put two of those spacers on the same side of the yo-yo

Okay, thanks :slight_smile: