Free to a Good Home: CLYW Big Dipper

So, I recently did my first giveaway over on YouTube. It sounded great in theory, but I have mixed feelings about it now that it’s done. I won’t go into the details here, but suffice to say I don’t plan on doing another one of those on YT very soon.

But I do have a yoyo to give away. YYE has been my yoyoing home base and so I want to give it away here. Mods, just let me know if this is an issue and we can delete or alter the thread.

The throw is a CLYW Big Dipper. I’ve already recorded but not yet released the review. It’s a great plastic yo and one that I like but do not love. I need to trim my collection and the emphasis will be on throws I REALLY love and/or are unique. This does not fit the criteria. Photo is below - been played a good bit, but no damage. Let’s call it near mint with box. I will throw in some extras as well. Will ship for free, of course (US only, please).

To enter this “local” giveaway, just PM me to say that you are interested. I’d prefer to give to newer yoyoers who don’t have many throws yet, so if you have a ton of throws and will likely just play this one just once or twice before tossing it into a drawer with 50 other yos, please don’t bother. And please don’t “enter” with multiple accounts or anything - let’s give everyone the same chance. And let’s please keep it in the US so shipping isn’t expensive. Whether you are entering or not, please head over to my channel to give me a free sub - I give a yoyo for free, I get some more support. Seems fair, no? (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd-dZ-vkzOO5IJh24IULmAA)

Anyhoo, will take entries through 8pm EST on Monday, 08/24. Then I will pick a name randomly and ask for address via PM. Let’s keep it in house - I won’t be posting on Instagram or elsewhere about this.

EDIT: Corrected the date. Props to @AKYOYOMIKE for pointing out my oopsie.

19 Likes

PM SENT!

(haha I’m only kidding! /inside joke)

This is really nice of you man! Hope it goes to a good home to someone who can really appreciate it!

:heart:

6 Likes

Thanks, man. I thought about searching for someone on YYE, but figured I would just do one post and let them come to me lol.

6 Likes

big dipper is a great throw. And honestly as a free giveaway i think @Roy_Dodge must have clocked himself in the head! This is awesome! If your NewISH and want to try a awesome a fantastic Zack Gromeley yoyo for free sign up for this giveaway before he realizes what he’s doing!

8 Likes

I would enter but cant figure out how to PM lol, super new here and to throwing in general. Went ahead a subbed on youtube tho, been trying to find as many channels as i can.

7 Likes

Thanks for the sub! PM sent.

3 Likes

@Roy_Dodge is a cool, heart-driven, yoyo-minded cat. i love what he has been doing for the community, and what he has going on… :heart::heart::heart:

check out his reviews (and @AKYOYOMIKE’s trick tutorials :wink:)!!

9 Likes

Why, thanks for the kind words. Happy to contribute to such a generous community. So many great examples to follow as I do my thing.

5 Likes

Not entering, just wanted to say this guy’s a great dude. His reviews are solid, he knows what he’s talking about, and he’s just generally a nice guy. We’ve chatted a few times about strings and about Circle City Yoyos in particular, and it’s always nice meeting new friends. I feel like the yoyo community is really full of a bunch of kind individuals, and @Roy_Dodge exemplifies that perfectly. Definitely worth checking out on YouTube too. Thanks for the giveaway, dude! I wouldn’t have ever got into yoyoing if it weren’t for a kind yoyoer giving me one to try a year or so ago, so I know how a little kindness can make a huge difference in someone’s life.

7 Likes

I’m officially embarrassed. Thanks for adding this, man. Generosity seems to be the default mode for most folks in this community, so I do want to help perpetuate and expand it. There’s certainly a selfish angle as I try to build my channel and whatnot, but my hope is to share info and some free stuff.

Thanks again. You’ve already proven yourself a swell guy, too.

5 Likes

Well, I guess I am out, but I think it is great that you are doing this. :slight_smile:

I do love that color. Like a dark seafoam green, which is my favorite.

7 Likes

Yes - I do like the color. I think it’s technically emerald, but it has always struck me as a deeper color than that.

And sorry to discriminate for this one. May open future ones to a broader group :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Super cool giveaway. I just subscribed but I won’t enter since I hope it winds up going to someone with less yoyos and less resources. Either way, you’re sure going to make somebody’s day! Good on you Sir.

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, and the sub! Goal is definitely to try to spread the yo wealth a little bit :smiley:

5 Likes

It’s cool you’re doing this! Like others have already mentioned that’s a really nice color.

4 Likes

Thanks! And definitely is slick.

Worth noting that it’s only available because @twitch77 respectfully declined my direct offer to send him the throw this morning. He would rather it go to someone newer and with fewer throws, so here we are!

And a quick update: 4 folks in for the drawing… Good odds of being picked at the moment!

7 Likes

I think I just messaged you, no? New to this forum so still making my way through the ins and outs. If the message didn’t go through… I’d love to drop my name into the hat. Thanks!

4 Likes

I did receive it, and I responded. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hey!
So cool of you to do a give away, saw the video for your last one on YT.

I found my Hspin silver Lily the other day. Now I’m hooked again!

I have a couple of nephews I’m trying to get into the game, but I haven’t bought a plastic throw since the yomega craze of the late 90’s

Looking forward to your review!

PMd and followed on YT

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words and support! Never played a true Hspin (just the Pyro X), but want to. Welcome back to the hobby!

3 Likes