FORUM CONTEST! Ed Haponik’s Fixed Axle Challenge!

Would you please to also link the challenge thread here when it’s posted? just in case.
Think I’ll be using a hand turned one, or a proyo.

I have a homemade one that’s pretty much a fixed looper but I’ll give it a shot regardless

So I have a question about the guts showcase portion of the video, do we have to do it all in one take? Aka, show the guts, then hit the trick cleanly?

Or can we do it the other way? Hit the trick, then show the guts of the yoyo.

Are we allowed to edit the video? I’m assuming not?

Yeah no cuts or edits and show your guts either at the start or end of the take.

I’ll make the first round thread a little later today!!!

If we make a mistake on the first try, can we do it again? I can’t hit anything in front of a camera.

For final clarification: if we are using a well-known fixed axle (ex. no jive) we do not need to show the guts of the yoyo. Also, we do not need to string the yoyo before every video.

Are these assumptions correct?

I don’t think Ed is expecting us to hit these tricks first try. I assumed that he meant no cuts or edits of the actual footage/trick itself, in other words the trick and showing of the guts must be done in one continual, un-edited take. It makes sense that you would be allowed cut it at the start of the take where you actually hit the trick, otherwise poor Mr Haponik would have to sit through 100 takes of me missing a trapeze before I finally hit one… :stuck_out_tongue:

There’d be no way of knowing that it wasn’t your first try anyway. You could just do 100 takes and then claim the one you landed was your first try, and it would be impossible to prove otherwise. Therefore, it wouldn’t be a very enforceable rule, were it indeed the case, which I highly doubt it is. :slight_smile:

La Rules state:

I think because there are so many amazing modders out there it makes it necessary to show the guts of each yoyo. I’m pretty sure Kyo could mod a no-jive into an unresponsive bearing throw in about 5 minutes…

1 Like

Gotcha. Alright. Guts and trick and post.

The TMBR EH, Moxon and Sullivan along with the No Jive Play Simply are ready.

I have a Profly as back up just in care but am I the only one SO PUMPED?!

Fixed Axle 15

You’re one of the Fixed Axle Misfit’s right? You got this. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m as pumped up as the reebok basketball shoes I had in 3rd grade.

I’m glad that caught on.

1 Like

I’m still eagerly waiting to see whether you guys get any custom vests printed. Berto winning this contest in full cholo mode would be a fantastic sight to behold. Especially with that over-9000 pocketwatch game. :stuck_out_tongue:

Brought my 2014 eH and my go to No Jive to work today. Thought I’d try filming on lunch if the challenge was up then.

https://igcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11138013_1635146256714570_921046814_n.jpg

There are probably more “Fixed Axle Misfits” than you think.
As for me, I do not have a proper camera so I can not enter, but, rest assured I will be working on each and every posting of the contest.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

AHAHAHAHAHA!

This made me laugh pretty hard in the office.

Skinny and I have worked on the shirts a bit, my designer has been slacking. I can’t yell at him since he is doing this for free… the first design was not up to par… but I am in marketing/Branding so things needs to be perfect.

We’ll try to get these out during the contest.

And Ed posted the video, Stall-Brother-Trapeze (spinning) with dismount. Good luck everyone, hope to get my video up by tomorrow.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH Buddy!

I’m the first one to hit it! Yes! ;D

https://instagram.com/p/13a-OSSdtF/

Yes, and he’s with GN Yoyo Co. But, you forgot to show the yoyo and axle.

fixed axel challenge - first round

Make sure you post it in the Round 1 Thread!

I never use the Duncan stock string anymore because I sent too many Duncan yoyos across the floor. But I’ve been practicing all day on a Profly and completely wore out a new slick-6 string that I use for my responsive yoyos: the Profly became almost unresponsive and I checked the string and it was thin and plasticy around the axle. Barely tugged and it snapped.

I have plenty of cotton Duncan strings… how likely is the string to break on the Profly? Will it hold up well at all?