Forgetting your own tricks -

Alright so I’ve been making a bunch of tricks (or trying) and of the times I’ve landed something super cool, 95% of the time I forget it. In fact I’ve only established 3 tricks that I’m happy with and can remember. Usually when I forget a trick I remember a bit of how I started the trick and maybe a couple of the moves but there’s always a void somewhere that stops me from finishing the trick. I still try to come back and work on making something of the bits I remember and I feel this sortof improves my ability.

Bottom line: does this happen to you? Does it happen more or less than when you first started making tricks? Any other comments?

I forget most tricks I learn.

Son I’ve forgotten more tricks than you’ve heard of.

(⛷ Noisy Lurker) #4

When they’re really forgotten, you don’t miss them! :wink: Why? Because you’ve forgotten that you ever knew them. So, you can’t worry about it. ;D

(Erik Kerber ) #5

Yup it happens to me.

Wait… what tricks?

^worst thing about yo-yoing

It does happen to me. To try and avoid it, I make a quick video with my phone. It’s usually Crappy quality and the trick is still not smooth, but it’s clear enough to remind me of the basic steps.

Yes, that is what I do

I’ve forgotten most tricks you have never heard of? ??? Wait what Was I saying? ???

Actually yes, yes I do. Pretty much all the time. I try to remember a lot of my tricks, but mostly I just have concepts. I rarely make videos now because I honestly rarely have presentable combos. :slight_smile:

yeah all the time but most of the time when i make a new trick its either so sloppy or so terrible that i won’t miss it if i forget the trick.

(Jeremy Mryoyothrower McKay) #13

Lol, this is one of the reasons I’m glad I’ve made a tutorial of every trick I’ve made up, that way I can go back and watch them and relearn my tricks when I’m in a rut.