Fixed my Surge, LOL, now I'll totally buy another

Wow thanks, makes a lot of sense that the SpinFactor went thru different versions, what with it being called a grandfather of mixed-density design yet the available one seeming pretty modern, all specs considered.
If I can sell my antique mandolin to catch up on finances I must throw one on an order for opportunity’s sake. When they’re gone they’re gone. Made in the US, affordably (even at the time), by true lovers of the pastime.
Tina likes the lemony look of the Surge so much she has quite unexpectedly begun throwing. I made this one responsive and made her a thin string to suit the particularly narrow gap it leaves (since the bearing sinks into the seat or yoyo half a bit deeper than some yoyos). If needed I can ship it but it seems to be good.
Then I ordered another to leave as-is instead of her needing to swap out.
Not necessarily the easiest throw IMO to begin with (I still throw a wobble into it 1/3 of the time), but she is very attached to it exclusively right now… so learning on it for a while, I think she may grab and try a few others of mine later and find herself throwing them like butter. When she likes something she likes it for a certain look more than me theorizing about stuff like there being more popular starter throws for certain reasons, and she loves her lemony Surges. I didn’t expect her to get into yoyos at all. I think yoyosampler you might have mentioned starting people on Surges before. Someone did :slight_smile:

2 Likes