Fixed February Throws! 2023

It’s a Cavemen Go as well. I just haven’t lasered it yet.

2 Likes

Whoa…whoa…whoa…2nd best. Whip would be best, right? :nerd_face:

3 Likes

@Lido

You just gave me a great idea!

FixieWhip plays excellent!! Whip with RSO 2.8mm bearing blank.

18 Likes

Those spacers are cool, did they only come with the SB2Ti or can you get them separately?

1 Like

They came with the Ti Silver Bullet. x2 (2.5 blue and 2.8 mm gold)

2 Likes

Its the lighting.

Its black and ashy, kinda gunmetal grey in the right light

1 Like

SpinWorthy Sunday

21 Likes

Finally being on this forum and having spent some time here now I want to take the opportunity to send out a huge shoutout and an even bigger ‚Thank you‘ to everyone who’s involved in initiating, sponsoring and supporting Fixed Axle February!

@yomartyo
@YoYoExpert
@jeduardo
@jeremypark
@Eric_Newlin
@wayne927
@DocPop
@G2_Jake
@MrYoyoThrower

It’s an awesome event and it is so inspiring to see all those contributions and the commitment that goes along with them. Fixed Axle February really ignited my love and passion for fixed axle play anew. When I started Yoyoing I played responsive for a pretty long time before finally learning ‚The Bind‘. I did delve deep into wooden fixed axle throws. I love(d) the feeling and aesthetics of wood and coming from Skateboarding the way Modern Responsive and 0a is played it just felt so organic and natural. Throwing the Yo-Yo out, catching it in a stall, connecting several elements with stalls and different mounts while simultaneously being able to keep it flowing if I want it to felt like skating with my hands and I immediately felt at home. Enjoying Yoyoing more and more I started my journey into the rabbit hole, developed a serious case of C.Y.A.D (Compulsory Yo-Yo Acquiring Disorder) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and ventured out into different styles. After getting used to 1a and having learned more and more longer string tricks I somehow lost my focus on wooden fixed axle throws and 0a all together which thinking back is such a shame. I‘m trying to rectify that now by acquiring some new fixed axle throws (looking forward to gorgeous and very capable throws by @Glenacius_K and @wayne927 and hopefully someday by @Eric_Newlin) and starting to learn more Fixie tricks (I finally have to get Shoot the Moon down) and solidify what I already have learned.
I spent the whole day searching out all my wooden fixed axle throws and I think I finally found them all…

Thanks to everyone contributing to Fixed Axle February!

28 Likes

13 Likes

That reminds me of…

Guess I hadn’t found all of them :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

If I buy a short circuit, should I buy a spare string with it? Or will one string last for an extremely long time with trips through the wash as needed?

I want to get into tops. I’ve been meaning to buy a koma for ages. Instead of continuing to deliberate, I guess I should buy a short circuit and just start already.

4 Likes

Spintop strings last a long time, an extra isnt necessary. You dont change it out like a yoyo string, at leas not with enough frequency to count

Probably need a new tip before a new string

2 Likes

The string that comes with it holds up just fine. You may want to get an ElecTrick as well so you have fixed and bearing tip tops. Note that there are two ElecTricks, one has light up innards and one doesn’t.

2 Likes

Day 5

Still mehssing around

19 Likes

I’m a bit jealous of that collection. Beautiful!

2 Likes

KNack today.

17 Likes

Haha :sweat_smile: thanks, Nate :pray:
And as mentioned thank you very much for your efforts concerning Fixed Axle February and for the Yo-Yo community in general. Really enjoying your reviews and your overall approach. Keep it up.

2 Likes

I just realized that in my collection pic there’s actually one throw which doesn’t belong in this scenery…
Can anyone find out which one…:wink:

A long time favorite still love to break it out

10 Likes

TK Sleep Machine?

2 Likes