Fixed axle

Fixed axle is how it all started.

Fixed axle is like paddling a canoe over to an Island instead of taking a motorboat.

Fixed axle is like climbing a mountain instead of taking a ski lift to the top.

Fixed axle is like actually reading a book instead of going to the College bookstore and buying the Cliff notes edition.

Fixed axle is like making it through a video game without any extra lives.

Fixed axle is not the Easy way out of the yoyo jungle. It’s the Battle route. It’s the hoop with the fire. Fighting the bear with Teeth. It’s the Smile that happens when you can do Spirit Bomb on wood.

It’s an Adventure… A Challenge… A test of mental endurance and fortitude. It’s something that ‘everybody’ will never do. <Because it’s Work. It’s not easy.

Most people will have a perfectly fun time getting on a bike and rolling down the road.

But there are those that would rather get out the Mountain bike when it’s raining and crank straight up that muddy hill.

It’s a test of patience.

Have you ever microwaved Fish sticks? They’re edible but that’s about it.

Baking them in the oven is more time consuming. But the results are worth the effort.

It’s all about what you are willing to do to Achieve something to remember.

Fixed axle has little to do about being ‘cool’.

Fixed axle has more to do about how ‘cool’ it is when you hit ‘that trick’…!

Just like Grandpa used to when they had nothing but fixed axle.

…and when you have those fish sticks in the oven; you have an extra 9 minutes to throw fixed👍

Don’t forget the tartar sauce😎

…National Yoyo Day…Nostalgia

26 Likes

How does one respond to such an epic treatise?

3 Likes

Having recently played some bearing responsive yoyo I am itching to play some fixed axle!

3 Likes

I’ve been chasing fixed axle Spirit Bomb for some time…I’ve got the bruises to prove it :slight_smile:

Sooner or later it will happen, and, I will smile, maybe dance, then go back to chasing consistency in hitting it on wood.

4 Likes

I agree with all this… and yet… and yet…

If all you’ve ever ridden is a horse, maybe you don’t understand how incredible it is to blaze down a road at a blistering 120 miles per hour.

And once you have… maybe a horse just isn’t fast enough for you any more.

5 Likes

Right, but that goes both ways. If all you’ve ever done is drive automatic everything luxury sport cars, maybe you don’t understand how incredible an air-cooled manual transmission Porsche 911 is. If all you’ve ever done is ride 4 stroke dirtbikes, maybe you don’t understand how incredible hiking to the op of a mountain is. If all you’ve ever done is drive a powerboat, maybe you don’t understand how incredible sailing a sailboat is.

This is one of those situations where many things can be true because we’re talking about connected, but completely different experiences. There is no reason to try to pick one over the other because they can coexist together.

8 Likes

Don’t start this again, Jeff.

Horses can still be fun! :horse: :racehorse:

2 Likes

Really doesn’t matter how you fix’em, they’re still just fish sticks and it’s hard to discern if they’re worth the effort at all. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH ↑

2 Likes

Yes!

This! So much this!!!

Since its Fixed Axle February 2021 thought this one should be bumped up to the top, its been awhile.

3 Likes

Thanks for that — I thoroughly enjoyed this. Now I have a hankering for some fish sticks while flying an F-14 Tomcat :small_airplane:

3 Likes