Fixed Axle February 2016 Video Contest

Yep, that’s it.

1 Like

There’s such a visceral appeal to playing with a wooden fixed axle yoyo. The way it feels when it snaps back. The way it responds. The sound it makes… Even Gravity Pull is strangely meditative and satisfying. Probably preaching to the choir!!!

Anyway, been checking out Ed Haponik here on YYE, and my stalls are happening!

I missed Fixed Axle February, so it looks like March will have to do ;D

Glad I took a peek in here, and thanks to everyone for the info, and amazing tricks!

I’m hooked…

1 Like

Be sure to go give the the contest Facebook page a like so you’ll be notified when we start working on next years contest.

1 Like

I’ve seen Ed, and he is a master of both styles! I’m understanding that the responsiveness is a big obstacle. You have find a way to keep some tension on the string at all times; which is what makes your whip so impressive!

1 Like

Winners announced!

If this doesn’t work. just go to Redirecting...

I’m heading to bed. Congrats to the winners!

Winna, winna, chicken dinna!

Posted by Fixed Axle February Video Contest on Sunday, March 13, 2016

Congrats to all the winners!
Hope to see y’all next year!

Thanks for taking your time to organize this, really appreciate it, congrats to the winners!
See you in faf 2017!

Congratulations to all of the winners!!!
And a great big THANK YOU for all the work and dedication in the organization and judging of this dynamic event!

Great contest! Thanks for putting it on!

Thanks for running the contest again. I always look forward to it. Great job everybody who took part.

Looks like I’ll have to get practicing so my entry will qualify next year ;).

Thanks to the organizers and sponsors, and congratulations to the winners. Amazing cool tricks!

Good job errbody!

i fully expect to see a video from you next year. Or I’ll say something bad about you on Facebook.

2 Likes

You know what, fixed axle April doesn’t sound too bad isn’t it…

1 Like

Maybe a contest later in the year – Fixed Axle Fall…

I started thinking that I already knew the trick I want to create for next year, but then I realized that it may be a different format!

At least with all this practice, I’m hitting Shoot the Moon for the first time in my life… even though that’s not part of the trick I had in mind.

We are definitely going to stick with a banger category. If prizes allow, we may include an AP category. Or a full length video category. Bangers fosho.

I don’t have bangers for any kind of yoyoing at all. :wink:

I think I’ll have to master regens to make mine qualify as a banger. Maybe a year will get me there. Probably won’t be a win, but it will be unique!

neither do I, but, I still decided to subject everyone to my normal fumbling around. The difference for this contest? I fumbled around with a fixed axle yoyo!

1 Like