Fixed Axle February 2016 Video Contest

Counting down the minutes.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who submitted a video… this contest is going to be pretty tight!

It’ll take us a couple days to collate all the videos… and then the judging will begin!

4 Likes

Entries are posted on the Facebook page as well as the list of prizes. Go take a look!

1 Like

there are some pretty impressive bangers there. Good luck to all who participated.

Thanks for running the contest. I enjoyed figuring out how to make the most low tech video in the history of video contests! I think I’ve been sold, fixed axle is fun!

KaBoom KaBoom!

We’re hoping to announce the winners in time for the weekend… in the meantime, here’s a compilation video of all the entries we received:

6 Likes

I think Logi definitely takes the cake.

I feel like Rip Van Winkle. I stopped watching yo-yo vids for ten years, and I certainly had no idea about what’s been going on in fixed axle play. This is like watching masterful illusionists! I’m almost disoriented by these!

Yep. I think so too.

Honestly, I think yooldman is gunna take it. Quintuple Kickflip? That is just insane! I mean a DOUBLE is insane.

I think it’s between Logan and Yooldman.Both did some very impressive bangers.

1 Like

Agreed! But you all contributed cool tricks. :slight_smile:

You’re being polite ;D

But yeah that was pretty cool.

:wink:

Ok, I still feel like I’ve stumbled into a Freemasons’ lodge, and the secret activity was throwing fixed axle yos!

I know I probably should look for answers elsewhere, but basically you’re letting the string wind as it lands on the trapeze, manipulating it while it’s dead, and then using regens to return or go into another element?

My vote would be for Yooldman. Logan’s whip is amazing, but Yooldman’s seems to be more in the spirit of fixed axle play, if that makes sense?

There are really two ways of playing fixed axle(and the do cross over a lot)
Stalls are what you just described.
The other is just normal tricks like you would do on an unresponsive or responsive yoyo. They are much harder due to the short spintimes and high responsiveness. People who are really good(like Ed and Someone) can keep the yoyo spinning through tricks like Spirt Bomb, which is VERY hard.

1 Like

Thanks!

Yeah, the Stalls and dead yo manipulation are what had me so mystified. I’m familiar with string tricks, and Shoot the Moon, and other regens. After all, when I started the transaxle hadn’t even been invented!

Found this:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x274/EightPlus/Skilltoys/IMG_20160310_132347.jpg

Time to start practicing for next year!

The thing about fixed axle is that there’s no such thing as “the spirit of fixed axle.”

But in a way it’s just that. The yoyoer has complete freedom, whether it’s in a stall or brent stole. The freedom is the spirit of it.

I kind of contradicted myself but I think that makes sense.

I hope :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, it does make sense. In Part, you’re saying Logan’s banger is every bit in “the spirit of fixed axle” as the rest!

3 Likes

Great find!

1 Like