FAF2016 video contest...coming soon

Hello everyone!

Just a quick reminder… Fixed Axle February will be running again this year! Yes, I know, very exciting :slight_smile:

More details, official rules, sponsor announcements, etc. will follow in the next week or two, but in the meantime, dust off those fixies, stand up and get throwing!

If your playing sucks - don’t stress - this contest is more about having fun and enjoying yoyos :slight_smile: We love artistic videos that tell a story, so get those creative juices flowing…

Need some inspiration…? Take a look at the winners’ thread for FAF2014:
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,72538.msg808461.html#msg808461

2 Likes

Great to see this is back. I always enjoy it.

I’m in! But, be warned, the only thing worse than my fixed axle yoyo skill is my videography skill!

/\ This.

OOOO yeeeeaaaa

Yes last year I didn’t had a fixed and now I’m good at fixed tricks I’m looking to it wooohooooo

Unless the trick is called Spirit Bomb.

I reckon I can hit a kickflip after about 100 tries. Anything past that and I’m done. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure if I’ll enter, but I’m definitely looking forward to watching this contest all unfold. :slight_smile:

Note that this is NOT the Fixed Axle Challenge contest which we ran in June last year. This is a straight up video contest, as opposed to a “monkey-see, monkey-do” trick-off.

I’m stoked to watch it go down though!

I was confused about this too.
What is the connection between fixed and the contest?

I’m excited to see the entries though, sounds like a lot of fun.

i’ll wait for confirmation from the organizers, but the FAF contest has been a contestant-created fixed axle video contest where everybody chooses their own content. in the fixed axle challenge contest we ran last year, i picked tricks and combos of increasing difficulty and anyone competing had to hit and post them. man, that was an undertaking…

2 Likes

Yeah, that was hard even from the spectator stand point!
I think we could probably use a full year between those at least so the hands can heal :smiley:

Oh I see so this is different from the challenge last year. Then I can safely (sorta) assume that we only need like one video right? that’s good because the challenge is not only difficult trick wise, but also finding proper time and place to shoot the video itself, that makes things harder too. Not trying to say that this is probably less hard, because nothing fixed axle is, it’s just we can worry less about videoing and more about the tricks. I missed the last year FAF though.
Lets see how things unfold, having been playing less fixie lately, at least it’s not dusted.

I really enjoyed watching the fixed axle challenge ed put on last year - it was a real treat to watch and it was exciting to see players egging each other on and trying to land harder and harder tricks!

FAF has a bit of a different format though -and the focus is less on skill. This means you could technically beat the fixed axle gods (cough ed) in a fixed axle contest  :wink: :wink:

We’ll post more info soon - but for those who are super-curious or want to get a head-start, you can take a look at the FAF2014 info thread. The rules and format won’t change too much…

2 Likes

It’s February :smiley:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Yo! The official YYE contest thread is up!

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,89809.0.html