FIXED AXLE CHALLENGE: The End. (Behold the Face of YoYo Triumph.)

Oh that’d be cool.

1 Like

Yes please to that!!

What everyone else said!

ha! sure. i’ll probably just cut them to a youtube instead of flooding my instagram feed with them lol. a lot of em i’ve already posted on there and some i bypassed during earlier rounds. but yeah i’ll throw a compilation together.

6 Likes

This is going to be epic. Let us know which ones took the longest to get on video, if possible. Can’t wait to give this a watch.

Imma try and hit some haha.

It was so great watching all of you guys while I was trapped in a surgical boot. Congratulations to everyone for participating, but of course the most to Noah and his dedication to fixed axle throwing. Great job!! ;D

Round Two!

Ding ding

A little late to the party, but HUGE congrats to Noah for a well earned victory. What a fantastic contest. :smiley:

1 Like

Alright, here’s the leftovers I found. There may be a few others, but this is plenty lol.
They’re of varying difficulty, and not necessarily in order. I bypassed some in various rounds with the vague intention of coming back to them. If you can hit em all, I’ll be super-impressed. #4 took me the longest for sure.

1. Drew Tetz combo - Kickflip, Shuvit, Breakaway Moon, Makin da Zine.
  2. Paul Escolar’s Pure 143 w/Flyaway
  3. Manly Bucket, Bucket Hop, Hop to Trapeze Stall, Double-Kickflip, Reverse Breakaway to Reverse Lunar.
  4. Backhand Balance Smackdown, pop to Reverse Lunar, Kickflip to Lunar.
  5. Pic-Trick Suite - Chinese Cradle, Star-Within-a-Star, Flucx Capacitor (back to back).
  6. Sport Ladder Suite - Kamikaze, Kwyjibo, Cold Fusion (back to back in :20 or less).
  7. Assembly Required (Sleeper and Eli Hop afterward)
  8. Single-turn Flapjack to Lunar Kickflip.
  9. Pressure Flip to 720 Shuvit, ending with a Reverse Lunar/Lunar/Backhand tap.
1 Like

Holy cow

Fantastic Ed! I am truly amazed with what you and others can do with a fixed axle. Maybe I am too old but I keep working at it and who knows? Someday I might be able to do trick #1 from the challenge.

Thx man! Give em a go!
“You don’t stop yoyoing because you get old - you get old because you stop yoyoing.”

:wink:

Edit: btw Noah and Logi… Pm me your addresses.

5 Likes

That’s the coolest thing I’ve ever seen…

Thanks man!

Can’t wait!
Those tricks are crazzzyyyyyy. I probably can’t hit most of them, especially the ones with Shuvits. And those picture tricks :o :o

I want to see someone besides Ed hit Assembly Required. That tricks trips me out. Haha.

I can’t begin to imagine hitting that ■■■■.

That’s the one I want to learn the most ;D if I get it I’ll post a video.

I don’t wanna screw up literally and mess with my threading.

1 Like

Congrats, Someone! You worked your butt off for it, well deserved win.

Ed,
It was great fun watching the various tricks, and you’ve really got me fiending for a fixed axle, now. Thanks!

• Rico Norris 2015

That ‘assembly required’ trick was ‘THUG LIFE Compilation’ worthy. I genuinely laughed out loud the first time I saw it because I was so mind blown.

I have to admit, this whole contest has opened my eyes to just how much is possible on a fixed axle yoyo. I wouldn’t have believed a lot of it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes. :o