First wide metal yoyo?

Hi there!

I dug out my old and only yoyo recently: Markmont Next. I’d like to check how wide yoyo play but there is so much to choose from I’m a bit lost.

Purely from a look point of view I like the Ad-Lib from Amplified but can’t find reviews on it. Is it good? It looks amazing in black…

Akita, OD Par Avion (huge!) or the OD Virtuoso are also interesting. I barely qualify as an Intermediate player though, so not looking for something hard to master!

Any advice?

5 Likes

Not to go off topic…welcome from Pennsylvania! I am sure that as soon as everyone wakes up you will get a lot of great recommendations. Have a great day!

5 Likes

Haha thanks! I’m in Europe so it’s midday here. Didn’t expect answers for a few hours!

3 Likes

There are a lot of wide yoyos out now. Everyone has preferences for certain specs and price ranges. Hopefully you find something you love.

1 Like

welcome! if you’re only yoyo is a markmont next, you’re holding onto a chunk of gold right now… i would say it would fetch $300, maybe more on the open market if it were min…

edit: mistook markmont project… my b… still
will fetch a fair amount

3 Likes

Par Avion doesn’t really feel so huge in play. Excellent yoyo and POWERFUL

Kinda middle of the road in dimension for today’s standard. Good at everything and elegant feel. Excellent yoyo.

Wide and powerful bi metal that doesn’t feel clunky. One of the best of the wides. Excellent yoyo.

If you want something similar to a MMNEXT but updated to today’s standards try a OD Rebirth

Happy Yoyo!

3 Likes

Wide Angle Shutter is a stellar choice, I would say. Available everywhere and not very expensive.

5 Likes

I would look at a unparalleled recognition since its on the wider side 45.80 mm and its 45$

2 Likes

Top Yo Silenus might also be a good choice - It’s a great all around performer, on the wider side @ 46.56 mm, available still from a lot of places, $35. I really like everything i’ve tried by top yo… the silenus especially plays well above its price point imo.

4 Likes

I just started a couple months ago. I have a Atlas. Really wide and stable.

The ad lib is awesome.

1 Like

The Adlib is awesome. I got a V1 proto and it’s fantastic. Lamonte only makes bangers!

I would say the recognition would be a great entry into wider yoyos!