First time metal choice?

Magicyoyo N12 was my first metal. That thing is an steal at 15 bucks. It plays like a 50 dollar yoyo. 10/10 would recommend to a friend

Edit: but honestly, it’s pretty darn hard to go wrong with a budget metal. Your decision might just come down to shape. Pick pretty much any of the yoyos mentioned here that you think looks cool.

3 Likes

my first metal was a magic n8. was sorta good at the time. super cheap n its lower grade aluminium taught me how to respect and care for all my yoyos from then on.

3 Likes

I like the Wide Angle more, but honestly the Wide Angle is just super different, not exactly better.

2 Likes

I’d go with the Shutter or ND. Both are amazing and I think starting out with a decent yoyo is essential.

2 Likes

Wider profile can be easier to land, but in terms of comfort, a narrower profile can feel better in the hand. A wider yo-yos can feel slower playing to me, but I don’t recall anyone else saying this.

Don’t forget any yoyo needs maintenance, so leave money for an extra bearing, string and response.
A well set up yo-yo makes a lot of difference.

3 Likes

Ah I see. Thanks for the input.

1 Like

I’m 6’1 and 230, my hands are decently sized and thick. Does that come I to play about the comfort in hand??

A budget metal that i love and throw regularly is my Duncan Windrunner. Im really close to buying a second in the YYE exclusive galaxy colorway.
20180701_165147

4 Likes

I was just about to mention the Windrunner lol.

1 Like

The fish look like they approve this yoyo

3 Likes

I agree, they know whats good lol. Also to give input on a previous question, i think that comfort in hand does have to do with your hand size. Personal preference will be the deciding factor for you.

1 Like

I went with a n12 myself. The thing is bullet proof, and can kiss the concrete with charm. My other is an Orical for looping, because who doesn’t like shooting the moon.

2 Likes

Ever played with a m002 april?

YYF ND all the way.

2 Likes

When I was deciding which monometal to get first, I saw how common it was for people to recommend the Shutter, and so I went with that. I don’t regret it for an instant. It has been one of the best (newbie) yoyo purchases I’ve ever made.

1 Like

I’d say Shutter as well, since if you stick with it, you’ll be curious to get one anyway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, my first metal was a Shutter and I love it to this day. It’s just a great first metal yoyo

I own one. Get the N12. It’s a better yoyo and 10 bucks cheaper. The prices on those should really be reversed.

1 Like

Magic N12. Solid throw for about $10

1 Like

I love love love my N12. I only bought it because @smileypants707 had one on his shelf in a photo he posted. Nice price and is a fantastic throw in my opinion.

2 Likes