First time metal choice?

I used to throw a bit back when the xbrain was hot, won a small contest back then, picking it up again and learning to bind for the first time, what’s a good metal yoyo to start out with??

2 Likes

Topyo Creator and the Topyo Colossus IV are first time metal yoyos I recommend. Also, I forgot about the Yoyofficer Apex.

2 Likes

Yeah there’s sooo many great TopYo choices right now for budget metal, they are IMO unbeatable.

https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/Top-Yo?sort_by=price-ascending

If you want fancy pretty splashes, go Colossus! It is a straight up crazy deal for $30. I wish Silenus would get restocked, though.

3 Likes

Soooooo maaannnyyyy!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Why cant the silenus be in stock, :disappointed:. Thanks so much I think that colossus is the right choice. Also, i watched a YouTube video under Brandon vu, and he said something about starting out with a replay, and a magic N12, or M002? Any experience with these??

1 Like

None whatsoever. I do have a Magicyoyo K5. It plays pretty well. I also recommend Duncan yoyos, they’re very nice. https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/Duncan?constraint=metal

2 Likes

I’m noticing a lot of banners about the shutter?

1 Like

Here’s the thing, you either hate the Shutter or you love the Shutter. It would be good to try it out. It gets mixed reviews.

1 Like

I think people sometimes hate on the Shutter because it is “too popular” but it is an excellent choice as well. Value wise the topyo line is better in my opinion in terms of bang for the buck.

Your other option is to buy used on #buy-sell-trade lots of great deals over there.

5 Likes

I see, I highly appreciate your input, very helpful.

1 Like

It seems like people love the Wide Angle Shutter better than the original Shutter.

3 Likes

Well that’s true, wider = better, you will get no argument from me on that :smiley:

3 Likes

Same rules apply in drifting, lol.

What about a free b-grade turntable? How are those? :wink:

2 Likes

Haven’t seen one. The Turntable 2.0 seems to be good, but it goes for a whopping $109 on the YYE shop.

Well if this guy PMs me, he’ll have one coming his way! :slight_smile:

(If you live in the continental US)

I think I pmd you, I’m still learning my way around this site.

1 Like

If you’re new here I recommend the “Introduce Yourself” topic.

2 Likes

I got the message!

1 Like

DV888 was my first metal. I still have the small bearing in it to play responsive and it’s as fun as all get out!

1 Like