First "original" trick. Yay

Got my first “original” trick tonight. Call it a kick start. I just rest a dead yo on the floor and squeeze it between my shoe and the floor. That causes the yo to squirt out and start spinning. It’s really simple, so I am sure its not unique, But it is the first time I did something that I did not hear about or see before so while I am sure no one is impressed, I think I can be proud of it. Baby steps right. :sunglasses: lol

5 Likes

Very cool to come up with that! I’m afraid though, it’s not a new concept. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

watch dylan kowalski’s 6 binds vid

3 Likes

You mean this?

5 Likes

Totally understand that feeling. I’ve come up with a few “original” tricks as well, in that I didn’t learn them from another person. It’s the best feeling when you accidentally find something cool to do, and then figure out how to do it on purpose.

1 Like

Bill Alton also recorded this trick in “The Noble Disk” newsletter, somewhere around 1990-91 :slight_smile:

1 Like

THE NOBLE DISK you say!?

2 Likes

That took me a while to compile and edit. Glad people are still making use of it and downloading it.

2 Likes

I was just reading it! I love it! Thank you! I wish there were still paper yoyo newsletters and a magazine.

I know Steve Brown has all the YoYoTimes issues that he wants to have made into a digital ebook one day. It’ll be great to have them available to everyone. Wish I would have kept my copies :confounded:

2 Likes

From 18 -30 years old I was a punk / hardcore zine fanatic - I made em, traded em, bought em through the mail. There’s something about being able to hold, touch, feel, smell, a paper publication that can not be replaced by digital stuff. Oh, well, I’m old. I crave paper. I gotta figure out a way to print out that pdf. Maybe Office Max.

2 Likes