First metal

Magicyoyo T5 about 2 and a half months in. I was super pleased :smiley:

Dv888

My black FG Wooly Marmot.

Got it about a month after my first throw, a Flying Squirrel.

Kyo DNS; came in a BST when I was originally buying several plastics, so it was unplanned. First new one was a C3 Capless at about 2 months in.

I think as long as you’re not reckless with your property and it’s not taking money away from more important things in your life, spend as much as you want on a good metal as soon as you want to. You don’t need to “earn” it, it’s a commercial commodity. No point spending a lot if you’re not sure you’re committed, but if you’ve got the yoyo bug, nothing wrong with firing up a world-class metal at earliest possible convenience. :wink:

I got my Raptor after around 6 months of throwing. It got plenty of use untill I picked up my next 2.

Military green project.

I didn’t get a metal until I was long finished with most of the stuff on the site. Took a while to convince my parents it was safe, but I finally got my FG Ava a couple weeks ago.

I was lucky and started off with some pretty awesome throws. I started seriously throwing around 5 years ago with a blue with red dials YYF 401K, & Good and Evil 3 as my first metals. I dun cur who ya iz that there GE3 was one heck of a yoyo! Vibe and all! I haaaaated my 401K for the longest then I recessed them there dials and threw in some Kentaro pads!

SB2 (yup, I’m old).

My first non-responsive metals were an Avalanche and a Cascade, which I got about a month after getting into non-responsive throwing.

I have a question for everybody. Does everybody beat up there first metal? I know I did I beat the crap out of mine the first week I got it and since it hasn’t hit the ground. Still smooth atleast ;D

Strangely, my first (the DNS) is in the same shape as when I got it (a few unfeelable pinpricks). I’ve scuffed up the C3, though. Also did some good work on my Avant Garde I got at Christmas.

I mean it’s not like I’m trying to brag or anything, but I got through the whole site in two months.

Totally not trying to brag :slight_smile:

But my first metal was the Maverick and I picked that guy up a couple months ago and found it to be able to handle most of my tricks! But I would never recommend a maverick to anyone for starting yoyoing. I suggest a jo like the Wh!p or the One to start, and when you wanna move on to da metals, (get ready for something super unexpected and random here) get a Square Wheels Yoyo!

I got a capless metal first thing, didnt want to venture through plastice because id knew theyd be a lot lighter and they honestly all look so cheesy to me. Plus you dont have to worry about cracking or chipping a metal when learning.

Green and blue punchline. Wow, I miss that throw.

After about a month I went from a YYF ONE to a DV888 and still have it this day. My heart was broken when the axle threads stripped so I had to get it re tapped. But from then I have had much more and the DV888 took me all the way to master level on YYE before i got a NVx four or five months later.

First metal was my Wedgie prototype my dad gave me,looks practically brand new

dv888, ordered it the night I learned to bind so about 3 days into modern throwing (I had the basics down from years of throwing in the early 90s)

Pretty much same here. I mean, it’s not like I learned every single trick, just what I thought was interesting and/or important.

A small bearing Hectic I got it after two or three years of on and off play.

after 6 months of yoyoing I picked up a Bapezilla