First Budget Metal

Probably not going to happen for several months, but just getting a feel for thoughts and opinions, assuming things go well with my replay pro and I reach a point where I am ready to upgrade to metal what are the best first metal options, keep it under $50

TooHot is great. Awesome shape, good size, not too heavy, real smooth.

Recess Joyride

Two great suggestions. I heard rumor at NER that YYE will start carrying the Recess yoyos in the near future.

I own a Too HOT, and tried a Joyride at NER. Both are great.

The YYF Horizon is amazing!

YYF Horizon or YYO Orbis are my top 2 favorite under $50 aluminum throws. If you save another $10 look into the One Drop Benchmark series, they come in different shape profiles and have side effects to adjust their weight.

I just looked at the Benchmark series, can anyone give me a run down on the pros and cons of each shape, for benchmarks and in general?

It’s all based on opinion when it comes to the Benchmark series. Either one will be fantastic and perform very well.

O shape is obviously gonna be more comfortable but not quite as stable as the H and V (still stable though).

V’s kinda in between.

The H is probably gonna be the most stable but least comfortable in hand.

Eh man just go and get an aluminium dream its the best 45$ you could spend on a yoyo.

I put my money on a Shutter. Amazing performance for the price.

The first metal you should get is a Yoyofficer Kilter 2 ($30). The performance is excellent and can stack up against much more expensive yoyos.

Like the idea of keeping it cheap with the kilter 2, how big of an upgrade is that over a replay pro? How does it stack up against the $45 yyf options (shutter, too hot, czechpoint, horizon)?

Dont forget aluminium dream in the 45$ yyf categorie its the best in the lot.

The CzechPoint is VERY good for the price.See my review in yoyo reviews!

The whimsy roar is awesome!!! Great metal throw dead smooth and very comfy in your hands!

You want something that’s good for everything. Shutter and TooHOT are your best options. Both very stable and good in size and weight.

Here is a good Benchmark rundown.

Link

1 Like

The C3yoyodesign Accelerator for me is the best budget metal. :smiley:

Too hot for me, I have four :stuck_out_tongue:

appreciate all the input, does anyone have any more info in the Kilter 2? I like the price on that but I don’t just want to get metal just to say I have a metal, I want to be upgrading performance, is it a significant upgrade from the replay pro? How much does it suffer in comparison to the YYF $45 offerings or the OD Benchmark options?