what is the best budget metal for advanced 1A?

been yoyoing for a while any suggestions?

TooHOT or Shutter. Neither will disappoint, you can flip a coin.

For a surprisingly good budget yoyo, try the MagicYoyo N12 Shark. For an under $20 yoyo it stands up to many of the more expensive metal yoyos.

The YYF TOO H.O.T. Is my current favorite yoyo. I actually like it better than the Shutter. The TOO H.O.T. is a great 1A yoyo in the $45 to $50 range. The Shutter is also in that same price range. The Shutter has a deeper V shape which feels different in your hand and that’s just a preference which depends on what you like. The Shutter and TOO H.O.T. also have a nice undercut rim for doing thumb grinds. You can thumb grind on the Shark as well but it’s lip is not as pronounced as the others.

THANKS!!! :slight_smile: i orderd a shark and it should be here tomorrow. i wanna buy a too hot but every time i try one is either out of stock or not the color i like lol any other good ones you know about?

Pretty much any of the yyf budget line are great (couple not previously named: horizon, metal replay, aluminum dream) as well as yoyofficer makes great yoyos at a very reasonable price.

The CzechPoint by YYF is VERY good at $45. Any ~$50 that you find on this site will not do you wrong, just don’t be fooled by expensive Amazon or Ebay ones that claim to be good. Have any questions, just ask for clarification!

Yes! Very good advice. Impulse buying and uninformed buying are not great ideas. People are more than willing to answer questions :slight_smile:
Also, I am assuming you are considering budget as under $50, correct?

yes

TooHOT is one of my standard recommendations, too.

I would strongly consider looking into a One Drop Benchmark or the new Vanguard, also. Or the YYF Aluminum Dream. Or the C3 Imagine Breaker or Railgun.

I’m also super-interested in the Axis Mixtape and the 44RPM Rhythm, but I have not tried them in order to recommend them.

But still… it comes back to the TooHOT for me. Can’t imagine that yoyo disappointing anyone.

Why has no one mentioned the Duncan Torque? It’s an amazing throw. Love it to death and with such a great price.

1 Like

^^ I’ve just never tried one. :-[