First Bimetal Suggestions

I messaged a few people on here but I figured i’d ask everyone’s opinion. My money is kinda tight so it’s rather I save up for something for awhile or get something second hand now. The main thing I’m wondering about is the weights of bimetal yoyos. I feel like my recognition has been somewhat too heavy for me lately but would something lighter like in the 62-63 grams like a Da Vinci be too light? The only metal I have in between weights that are full size is my Heaven Sent Creep which is 65 grams and I really like how that felt compared to my recognition. I mainly want to use this bimetal to learn tricks with. A few ideas I had in mind are grasshopper 2.0, Nucleon, DaVinci. Basically anything that I can find for a decent price on BST. I’d really like to get a Klondike but thats kind of out of my price range at the moment unless I waited longer saving up. Do you guys have any suggestions?

1 Like

Most of those bimetals play heavier than their weight would suggest anyways. The kinetic is 62.5g but plays pretty heavy. I don’t feel like any are too light until you hit something like the tachyon at 60g which is just about as far as you’d want to go

1 Like

I like many heavier yo-yos and I also think the Da Vinci is very good. Doesn’t feel too light at all.

2 Likes

G2 Banshee SS - loads out there so you’ll likely get a colour you want at a price you want. Fantastic player and you can get the mono version to compare.

3 Likes

Nucleon is a good one. If you can find one on BST somehow a Hydrogen Crash would be another one that I would potentially throw in the ring

1 Like

There’s a tachyon on the BST, that plays very light.

1 Like

Ace yo has some pretty good cheap bimetals. Try checking a few out.

1 Like

Not anymore. My spare tachyon sold earlier

2 Likes

Can’t go wrong with a Grasshopper, either version. New they are reasonable, too.

1 Like

GTR

and

Durendal

and

Unicorn

2 Likes

My apologies for the off-site link, but I couldn’t find a Unicorn anywhere else except straight from @MarkD’s website. And don’t worry about “loose.” I guess it says it’s a B-Grade, but the one I got is flawless.

1 Like

I strongly suggest to give the magic yoyo z02 a go (I haven’t tried the z01, but I hear they are very close performance-wise)

I think this yoyo deserves more praise.

It became my daily throw, I absolutely love it, it plays great and more importantly it is so cheap!

I also have and play regularly with a Klondike, I agree, best yoyo of 2023 and sets a standard for a quality throw, but kind of pricey, and I don’t feel uber relaxed throwing it while waiting the tube (subway?)

Currently $45 new, incredible when there are monos that cost 2-3 times that.

1 Like

Loose also means it doesn’t come with caps.

I do have another production of it in the works (which will be available here on YYE)

3 Likes

If you dig the color, a YYE Exia is a steal.

2 Likes

I agree w sam Banshee SS come cheap as heck on BST currently and it is an absolute banger of a throw. I still use my SS as my “cheat throw” when learning tricks cuz it’s just that well balanced and long spinning

w that said, just save up for klondike, it’s my throw of the year by far. Motion yoyos also knocks bimetals out the park and come around 120 new

3 Likes