Few & Far Between Yoyos - THE DREAMER

Not sure what they are made from. The manufacturer didn’t specify. They just had it listed as metal.

2 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

2 Likes

We didn’t design them they are just an awesome add on we wanted to include since the theme comes from the movie Inception and the spinning top/totem is an important part in the movie.

3 Likes

2 Likes

We loved working with titanium. We think it gives the yoyo more of a unique look and feel as opposed to regular stainless steel. Also, helped us achieve the weight we wanted for the yoyo. We may do another design with titanium rims in the future but with a different body.

Yes, we will be sending some to YYE soon!

3 Likes

Is this different from the inception you started a pay it forward thread with?

3 Likes

That Inception was a prototype we sent to our team members only 5 were made, but the production run has the exact specs as the prototypes only difference is the production run has upgraded response pads.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I’d just go ahead and say it spins forever like the movie, but it probably will already spin so long you’d never be sure. :smiley:

3 Likes

I think @Almonds hit the nail on the head haha. If it spins forever you’re in trouble :joy: if it dies and spins out then you’re good. You may have to get one to find out if you’ve been in a dream this whole time…

2 Likes

2 Likes

The inception is soooooooooo good! Just wait

2 Likes

Why make the rings out of titanium? Titanium is much more difficult to machine, much more expensive and roughly half the density of stainless steel. So why didn’t you use stainless? Seems like the titanium is a bit of an expensive gimmick. Is there some property I am missing?

Yeah I went over why we used titanium on our projects page and a few posts above. We used titanium to achieve the weight we wanted with Inception. With stainless steel rims, the yoyo would be too heavy and not the weight we were aiming for. So, the only way we could achieve this weight was by making the rims titanium. We didn’t want to change the original specs of the design. It also adds a uniqueness to the yoyo since not many bimetal yoyos have titanium rims. This is actually the first ever production run 7068 aluminum, titanium rim bimetal yoyo made. Hope this answered your question.

4 Likes

4 Likes

You hit the nail on the head. The mass is more towards the axis of the yoyo, as opposed to the rim. This allows the yoyo to be a lot more powerful and stable.

3 Likes

1 Like

What happened

What do you mean?

1 Like

Olhandy ?