Feel of a company

YYF- the bursting hot lava pit of all that’s good in the yoyo world (Except their splash ano)

Duncan- good stuff that few appreciate. We wouldn’t be here without good ol Duncan

MagicYoyo- shady new guy on the block. Putting out the goods.

Yomega- that guy that made a costly mistake and is making up for it with good releases

YYF: that athletic sports dealer that begs you to buy there stuff or item but doesn’t say what it is.

YYJ: that classy old skilled guy who knows what he’s selling and leave no fine print.

CLYW: that new guy who is full of energy and wants to sell everything.

Magic yoyos: that dude that copy’s whole movies and That’s pushing the law even though he might get arrested.

One drop: that dude who’s made a name for himself and is popular.

ILYY:that new foreigner who is trying to make a living in the US.

Ten Yoyo: that new kid at school who is weird and nobody really talks to him.

Duncan: that old guy who blew it after he made his million.

Yomega: That Old dude who still thinks he has something to sell but doesn’t have the Money for advertisement.

YoyoFactory:
Vans of yoyo’s, high socks and khaki shorts welcome

YoyoJam:
Dr. Emmett Brown.

CLYW:
All the “cool” kids buy these.

Onedrop:
All the too cool for clyw kids buys these.

Adegle:
“OMG I saw like TWO reviews saying it performs like a High Performance Yoyo!!”

C3:
The Graphic "Design"er

Madhouse:
The “Bro”

Anglam:
The people who think expensive things make their life better

Duncan:
The Vietnam Vets

Anti-Yo
The unsure bro

TMBR
The Hipster

MonkeyfingeR
The “trying to be different”

Yomega
The engineering student

what’s wrong with ten yoyo? I would love to be friends with him.

nothing wrong with them its just not people know of them.

My friend:

http://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/882226_285967878199992_387372695_o.jpg

My other friend:

http://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/885290_285968181533295_1433995044_o.jpg

If TenYoyo is the weird guy, no wonder I like those yoyos.

Come on now Duncans are not better than CLYW, I mean I know it is your opinion and all, but just no. If they were then they would be the popular company. Not saying that Duncan is bad, I’m just saying CLYW is slightly better, but again if you do not like them that is ok.

But they are popular. Duncan and CLYW are both popular brands.

I’ve owned the following Duncan yoyos:

Dragonfly
Profly
FH1
FH2 (pre 2010 and 2010)
FHZ
Strix

As far as my preferences go, all the plastics I listed are the best of that “type” I’ve ever thrown and a solid value, but I may be biased since I’m a 1990s kid so Bumble Bee GT/Proyo GT and eventually FH1 were my bread and butter yoyos. I’m not sure how much the Strix even is retail, I think I paid like $35 for a mint one on the BST and for that price the thing plays absolutely amazing. I sold it after like 48 hours since it didn’t seem like anything particularly special to me but it was a great throw and a great value.

“Better” is such a silly subjective term for the vast majority of yoyos. I think the dude that won Worlds this year was using the Barracuda or something right? I’m not being facetious, I really am not sure, I don’t keep up with these things really. Dude almost certainly would’ve won whether he was throwing the fanciest YYR bling available, a Strix, a Protostar, whatever.

Duncan is a neat classic company that has a number of throws that either let the real old folks and us old at heart folks reminisce about when you could tug on the yoyo and it would come back to your hand (and you didn’t have to go on the forum asking what was wrong with your brand new yoyo either!) and from what I’ve read, has a number of quality competition worthy throws as well.

Plus the lightup FHZ is the best thing since sliced bread.

True, but CLYW is more popular or Duncan would have the media attention like CLYW. Also, I think CLYW has more haters, and if you have haters you have to be doing something right. But again all opinion.

Don’t see CLYW on the news but people hate on or call Duncan cheap all the time. (evidence in this thread) Others complain that CLYW prices are to high or unjust. Some complain about their fan base. Both have haters neither are prominent among the common media.

That’s just my opinion, theres nothing wrong with CLYW, I just don’t like their throws, but your right, ther obviously doing something right to get all that attention. I don’t know, the ones I have tried didn’t suit me. I might still give a couple of the new ones a shot, such as the AC2.

^ This ;D

What Duncans have you played?

I’d say the Barracuda, which was also recently the yoyo of choice used to win Worlds, is easily up there with CLYW. I do own a Barracuda as well as a bunch of CLYW’s. However, and excuse my lack of familiarity with Duncan’s more expensive stuff, but in general, CLYW is producing more high-end products. Duncan’s product ranges from $4 Imperials and Butterflys, to $10-20 metals and plastics, to $40 range metals and on up.

I respect anyone’s choices to like or dislike a brand or model. I happen to have a wide selection of likes. There’s a couple of brands I don’t like.

I have so much going on I don’t spend time trying to over-analyze stuff unless I’m being paid to do so, and in which cases, I have to get microscopic. I like simplicity: Like it/don’t like it. Don’t need more than that.

In the larger scheme of things Duncan is much, much more popular than CLYW. Have you ever been throwing in public when someone walks up to you and asks if it’s a CLYW? Probaby not.

Worlds was won with a Barracuda this year.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Tenyoyo. It’s just that they’re unpopular.

To anyone that says Duncan is not in the same league as CLYW, do yourself a favor and go buy a Barracuda. The Magnitude is pretty beast too; actually, a large chunk of their lineup pretty much is.

Go ask any person on the street if they know what a Duncan yoyo is

I just want to clarify.
When I said that Duncan feels cheap, I didn’t mean that it’s all bad
The Barracude is a beast in terms of performances, but the ano & packaging feels cheap to me

Not sure I understand the Yomega-Drake comparison. Are you saying Yomega is the most annoying company in the business?