Feedback for Grapes (Dan from Arc1)

What a fantastic experience working with @Grapes on a purchase!

I was really into the Gemstone yoyo Dan recently came out with, but was unable to find the colorway I liked best. Dan was kind enough to reach out to me on the YYE forum and assist me in locating the color I was looking for.

From the beginning Dan was very kind and informative. He even gave me some insight into the design process when it came to the gap width and grippiness on the yoyo. He’s obviously a person that is really passionate about yoyoing, and wants to share the knowledge and love he has with others.

Shipping on the package was fast, especially considering that it was coming from halfway around the world. Everything was packaged in a sturdy manner, and the Gemstone arrived safe and sound. Dan was also really communicative throughout the packaging and shipping process, and updated me as soon as it was shipped.

As far as the Gemstone itself - first, I love the aesthetic. From the gorgeous small-but-wide design to the fun tin the yoyo comes in, everything sits right with me. I love mini- and micro-throws in general, so I knew ahead of time this would be right up my alley. Second, this thing performs WAY better than your typical mini-yoyo (in my opinion). It is SUPER grippy, so much so that I actually had to adjust how I was doing my binds. Once you get used to how much the yoyo wants to respond to your commands, it is such a fun throw to play with. The one downside I can think of is that the Gemstone is TOO gorgeous, which makes me afraid to play with it as much as I otherwise would.

Due to the design, the Gemstone is also both solid feeling and a bit floaty. You can throw on some of the included spin caps to increase the weight a bit.

If you’re looking for a mini-yoyo with a ton of character and a wide stance that makes it stable on the string and feel great in the hand, I definitely recommend the Gemstone.

If you’re looking to connect with a kind and knowledgeable yoyo-er, or want to support a creator who is a wonderful part of this community, I definitely recommend @Grapes.

1 Like

Dan is awesome the gemstone is awesome. I hope more of them sell