Favorite YoYoer Poll

john ando

Jensen Kimmitt, and Tyler Severence. I’m also a big fan of samad. ;D

by what possible quantifiable standard could the boss or led zep be “better” than the who? because they can do certain technical things that pete townsend cannot? pete townsend essentially invented (or at least redefined) distortion by stabbing his amps. the who wrote “tommy”! music and art involve the technical prowess necessary to communicate what you’re compelled to, but if you’re not compelled to compose like wagner, then the ability to do so is redundant. sid viscious didn’t know his scales and modes, but he didn’t need to for what he wanted to communicate; expressed what he wanted to express. so did stravinsky. jake bullock doesn’t know some of the sport ladder tricks. am i “better” because i do? only by that ridiculous standard, which just isn’t applicable or relevant. and when you think of it, what standards of comparison AREN’T trivial and meaningless and subjective?

i gave a list of guys. their yo-yoing resonates with me in different ways. to call one of them my favorite would be to say this other guy isn’t. “this here is “better” by the standard that i set, so it’s my favorite.” since those standards are always changing (as are the subjects i’m considering AND their motivations), there’s just no need and no use in trying to choose, imo. it’s not a cop-out; it’s just how i see yo-yoing. i’m not judging anyone else for having a favorite player, but i absolutely see “favorite” as being defined by what is “better” by whatever arbitrary standard one chooses to use.

apologies for the tome.

1 Like

Truth.

Lawls Fasano doesn’t have a last name :stuck_out_tongue:

Today it’s Adam Brewster.

Precisely, and this is why I enjoy their music more. Pete is not a virtuoso. However, he is able to combine what he knows about music (which is still loads) and compile it in an amazing way. I like his songwriting (trick making) and his stage presence (style) much more than the like of Jimmy Page, who is brilliant, but can be rather boring. Sure, Ed, you’re the best sports ladderer in all of North Carolina (I believe…) which means that you have all of the elements and are proficient with them. Jake Bullock has the ability to write a song with them. Personally, I don’t care much for Jake Bullock (Yes, I said it) but he has become a behemoth of a player. I like you better, actually, because the songs you write appeal to me more than his.

Good conversation =)

And Evan, Fasano has a last name. It’s Fasano. His first name is Michael. He prefers being called Fasano.

1 Like

mine is lp.

We aren’t talking about music, they are using it as a metaphor sort of thing.

For me it goes.

Jensen Kimmit
David Ung
Shinya Kido
Hiroyuki Suzuki
Luo Yi Cheng
Andre Boulay

I L0OVE ander boagly

Wow! Can you murder his name anymore?

Who the heck is that?

icthus, what’s that supposed to mean?

Sorry I meant andre boulay

Andre Boulay! okay.

How was Hiroyuki Suzuki not on that list?!

Maybe he doesn’t like Hiroyuki Suzuki?

i think he was kidding. ;D

It means that he spelled his name horribly wrong. Hence the term murdered his name.

Takeshi Matsuura

i have alot but to just name one…

GUY FRIKKIN WRIGHT