Favorite TV show theme song?

Ah but have you heard Orbitals version? I like this one…

3 Likes

…mmmmmm…orbital.so.good.

3 Likes

Been a fan over 20 years! Glad they are still making music!

2 Likes

… a part of the Tony Bennett classic “Left My Heart In San Francisco” into the theme for Trailer Park Boys.

1 Like
4 Likes

I actually have a few Vince Guaraldi CD’s. His band is the one that performed all the Peanuts music. Really good background music when working. The Christmas music is especially appropriate right now.

1 Like

I have a Wynton and Ellis Marsalis CD of Peanuts music. As you can imagine, with their influence, the music is quite jazzy. I love it!

2 Likes

i know this isn’t something classic or outstanding in the sense of historical pop cultural icon significance, but what it represents is. it also contains some of the effects, sampl/ing styles, and subject matter that made the referenced material standout in the same manner.

5 Likes

I have to sing along every time i hear them :joy:. After school cartoons nostalgia

5 Likes

I haven’t the slightest idea what that means🤔?

I have to add:

The Beverly Hillbillies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwzaxUF0k18

5 Likes

Frolic

Haha! Brilliant score! Curb Your Enthusiasm is a great show!

1 Like

Bosom Buddies

2 Likes

I’m pretty surprised no one has mentioned the original Magnum PI. For TV theme songs, Mike Post and Pete carpenter owned the 1980s.

Then after Magnum was over you had this:

Hawaii Five O also had a classic theme song that I’m surprised no one has mentioned yet:

Two other of my favorites–the Jeffersons for R&B/gospel/soul:

And the 70s Spiderman for bringing the funk:

5 Likes

Great choices!

2 Likes
2 Likes

bob’s burgers <3

1 Like

That was like scrolling through my childhood.

Happy days

2 Likes

Happy Days is pretty great, but I gotta give it to Laverne & Shirley for best opening theme song.

3 Likes