Favorite TV show theme song?

I first saw The Honeymooners while working a very boring night shift job in the late winter - spring 1986. It was on at 11:30pm after the news. The music has enchanted me ever since. The music along with the night time feel of the opening visuals is just…awesome. A year later I began working at the resort where Jackie Gleason was a frequent guest and played his first game of golf in 1959 (his score was 143). Gleason composed the theme music for The Honeymooners.
That’s the Shawnee Inn, the hotel I worked in from 1987 - 1994. I now work in another part of the resort.

10 Likes

Dukes of Hazzard?

3 Likes
4 Likes

Do opening to Japanese anime shows work here?

I really like the song called Lilium from Elfen Lied.

…here’s a version I’ve listened to countless times over the years. So good!

3 Likes

Sure! I was hoping people would explain why they feel something for their choice but not everyone can be a chatterbox. That’s okay!

2 Likes

I loved the Dukes of Hazzard as a kid, and just really like that era of country music. It think it would be a great song on its own, and also carries the theme of the show well.
(Does that work for an explanation? Now I have to get back to grading, and telling students they didn’t explain well enough.)

2 Likes

In 8th grade Social Studies me and Ron Haag would talk about the newest episode. I think it was on Friday nights.

1 Like

Now I am a serious Whovian, so let’s do this:

As for my favorites all of them. Well actually 1963, 1980-1984, 1987, and 2007 to today.

One of these days I am going to compete with the theme song, but it need the right atmosphere

5 Likes

I competed with Doctor Who Theme at NER 2015. My freestyle was cringeworthy, but, I did have the coolest music.

2 Likes

That IS good throwing music!!!

1 Like

No, that is pretty freakin awesome! And you even rock the cargo shorts!

You are too kind. Thank you.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

2 Likes

I have a lot but these are pretty cool

Fringe

Dexter

Game of thrones

House

2 Likes

When I was in 3rd or 4th grade and in bed my parents could relax and watch a little TV. I could hear the TV in the living room and when the very beginning of the theme song for Ironside came on it would freak me out because it…well, it’s obvious. Tarentino used it in one of the Kill Bill movies.

1 Like

That’s the music of Massive Attack. Great band!

1 Like

Here you go:

5 Likes

those were the days

5 Likes

Mission Impossible and All in the Family are great ones!

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/JuYeHPFR3f0 Pokemon

1 Like