Favorite Retro Gaming Handheld/What's Everyone Playing?

Forgot I preordered this :sweat_smile: looking forward to playing with this :pinching_hand:

4 Likes

I love the SP, so this looks really interesting.

3 Likes

I’m loving it so far, it’s super tiny! I took mine apart and upgraded to a 256gb which worked perfectly! Even though I heard 128gb was the max. Scraped all my boxart per game and used .PBP formatted PS1 games. :blush: slapped a magnetic Micro B charger in it for the heck of it. :yum:
Kay played mine and wanted one bad, so I got her one while they still have this batch in stock. :blush:

5 Likes

Retro gaming with the Retro Gamer (Minish Cap counts as retro, right?)

7 Likes

Super excited for the 512gb SteamDeck, Steam Dock, Project Killswitch case, and carbon fiber skin to arrive. Also got some skins and button sets for some new Gameboy builds. :yum:

3 Likes

I have the steam deck and I love it.

But don’t use the project killswitch case. I read that the magnetic part can interfere with the fan and slow down fan speeds causing your deck to overheat.

I’m looking forward to picking up the new Anbernic rg505 whenever it drops.

2 Likes

They are aware of some models with the older fans being slowed down by the magnet this has been addressed and retooled with a mechanical attachment.

2 Likes

Anyone have any hands on experience with the ayn odin line?

1 Like

GBA Build:
CleanScreen, White Shell, clear buttons and trim, USB C mod, new membranes.
EZ-Flash Emulator

7 Likes

I just play custom firmware 3ds usually but play on retroid pocket 2 as well

1 Like

So excited that gameboy and gamebiy advance games are now available on switch!

3 Likes

Agreed! I was debating about upgrading but that added cost didn’t seem worth it at the moment, maybe after a year though!

1 Like

Yeah I’m in the same boat, Nintendo are too good at taking my money lol

1 Like

I still play Red Alert 2 and REVOLT RC from my laptop, these are my two most favorite game since late 2000’s.

1 Like

Man i still froth red alert haha

1 Like

also yuris revenge is even better!

1 Like

I was about to hack my switch the day before the whole thing came out about the new GBA stuff. Either way its metroid fusion time

3 Likes

It’s all about Mario Doctor for me haha so nostalgic

3 Likes

I remember my granddad playing the piss out of DrMario. One super sharp guy. He could start it on max level (99 iirc) set for fast, and he’d clear that whole screen like a prolevel gamer.

5 Likes

Damn that’s pure talent

1 Like