Favorite Retro Gaming Handheld/What's Everyone Playing?

Been updating and modernizing my Magnetic “one cable type” household. :face_exhaling::sunglasses::nerd_face:
All the best charge and data transfer speeds on my devices now. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
The 360° swivel head is so nice with my SteamDeck and switch while I’m playing in bed.
Works for apple CarPlay and Andriod Auto as well. :kissing_closed_eyes:

Swapping charger ports on Nintendo handhelds, PSP/Vita, and any other Mini-B devices (PS3 controllers, etc) with USB-C is the next step towards my one magnetic cable goal. :mechanical_arm:

6 Likes

Still have this PS Vita Slim FFX|X-2 edition. CFW
and a 512gb Sandisk Extreme Pro in a SD2Vita adapter game cart. I wanna get a 1TB and fill it with even more Vita PSP PS1 games. Lol

10 Likes

Welp for no apparent reason my SteamDeck has bit it. Only a chime when power button is pressed. So it’ll most likely be replaced RMA by Valve. :melting_face: I’ll keep y’all posted on the experience in case it happens to anyone else.

1 Like

As I recall (from the late 80s), as long as you reset the game before the ball stops, you get endless do-overs. . .

1 Like

I’m playing it on a console with save states so I don’t even need the original game to have that ahem feature.

1 Like

Well that was surprisingly fast and painless so far.

2 Likes

I had a long flight and decided to try Mario Golf for GBC. It was surprisingly fun. I originally moved to it because it holds your hand a little more, but apparently when you create your own golfer, there’s a full overworld map and XP based leveling system to improve your stats. Very cool.

3 Likes

Game boy advance sp is my favorite handheld gaming system made me think of a star trek communicator. It fit well with my near indestructible Nokia flip phone

2 Likes

Did you get it back?

1 Like

Yes I did! Got it about a 5 days after I sent it in,
brand new one in box same as I originally had.

6 Likes

If I had to reinstall everything idk tbh I’d probably sell the thing :/. Nice they were at least fast tho

1 Like

What started out as simply replacing an Elite Series 1 thumb stick (rubber got old and blew out just sitting on my nightstand :flushed:) and ordering a gold series 2 set by mistake ended up with me going all in and buying an Elite Series 2 controller. :grin::star_struck:

8 Likes

I played through Superstar Saga a bit ago and wrote some words about it on my blog

8 Likes

As you can probably tell, i’ve been playing bloons td.

4 Likes

Armored Core 6 is awesome and it’s making me wanna try the old ones. However I’m gonna be playing more 6 they just balanced a bunch of stuff including doubled pistol ammo! I can finish a mission without running out halfway through!

1 Like

I’ve been playing old Nintendo games across several consoles on my switch with my subscription. Good times!

5 Likes

Still love my 3DS XL more than any handheld. Currently replaying A Link Between Worlds, arguably one of the best 2D zelda titles

8 Likes

One the best Zelda titles period.

Obviously age and nostalgia plays into it, but it’s top 3 for me.

5 Likes

Just tired the gba, a fun handheld!

2 Likes

I picked up the Miyoo Mini Plus a few weeks ago and have been having a blast with it!

Finished a playthrough of Pokemon Gold, beating people up in Tekken3, flying tanookis in Super Mario Bros. 3 and now I’m into disc2 of Final Fantasy 8.

Of course, there’s been some good puzzling with Tetris and Dr. Mario, too!

5 Likes