Favorite Retro Gaming Handheld/What's Everyone Playing?

I tried a bunch of retro hamdhelds. They are all great but most struggle past the ps1 era. The steamdeck is amazing for retro gaming. Even does switch games.

Love me some Nintendo handhelds. But I gotta say that the psp was probably my favorite it got me into homebrews. I was a genius in 10th grade because I was able to follow instructions I became the “hackerman” made a little extra lunch money off my peers

But still Nintendo handhelds

12 Likes

Right now I’m really into Snowrunner.

About to start armored core 6

3 Likes

Pokemanz always.

7 Likes

I need more CRT on my desk.

2 Likes

Get them while you can prices are going up since I last looked especially the vhs combo

1 Like

They sure are. Trying to get a trade going since I have more yoyos than cash (or sense).

Have you tried goodwill? Think people just give away crt tv’s.

1 Like

They used to! Now people want them for retro gaming (jerks like me lol) and they’re getting price gauged on eBay, local marketplaces, and yes Goodwill. They have shopgoodwill.com now and will hold sought-after items to auction off for higher value than they’d get in their stores.

And goodwill will only let you purchase one. If you can check with friends and older family members they may have one or two in storage. I’ve picked up my fair share off the street as well that still worked or had the cord cut always worth a try.

I’ve found a few for good prices or free on Facebook marketplace and Craigslist but never get a response from my calls and messages. Been a really weird rejection filled journey :joy:

Man that sucks. I really hate how the culture has been to just exploit stuff now. See that with all the bots buying new electronics and stuff just to scalp them online for a fortune.

Well renew your faith in humanity just a little bit! Decided to give Craigslist another go after this thread, and found a honker of an RCA with a swivel base and s-video input! Just loaded it into the van, lol. $60.

8 Likes

Sweet

That’s a solid deal now you can keep all your throws!

Quick heads up for anyone with a SteamDeck, 3DS, Vita, retro handheld, etc good time to grab a micro SD upgrade. :wink: grabbed a 1.5TB for my SteamDeck.

5 Likes

While it’s
On openEMU I’ve been playing DarkArms on NeoGeo Pocket color.

3 Likes

Finished another game on my little Miyoo Mini+!

This thing is so cool, I’ve been carrying it with me everywhere :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

HOLY… YES! I just saw it pop up on my notifications :bell: I set up. Got it ordered Monday morning. My new mod build I’m going to do a Full unfinished brass Hinged GBA SP with all brass buttons, USB-C port, wireless charging coil, lipo battery, and 3.5mm headphone jack. Going to Cricut cut and weed an adhesive vinyl stencil and acid patina a design into the top plate and back. :smirk_cat:
‌ ‌ ▲
▲‌ ▲
:raised_hands:

9 Likes

related: Are brass weight rings stinky? :melting_face:

2 Likes