Favorite Retro Gaming Handheld/What's Everyone Playing?

I got my kids a Switch for the holidays, but today my young one pulled out my Miyoo Mini. It was pretty awesome just being able to pop a few games on for them to check out. My older beat Super Mario Bros. World 1-1. My younger played a round of SF2 Turbo as Bison. My older defeated a Pidgey in LeafGreen. My younger tried unsuccessfully to do the first level of Sonic and Knuckles as Sonic.

My younger said he wants to use it tomorrow instead of the Switch :flushed:

3 Likes

Got this one i modded a while back. Love the colors!

9 Likes

New Miyoo mini plus is out and first round of preorder units have sold out quick but the next rounds will be coming soon and hopefully keep coming sooner since they wouldn’t suffer from them struggling to source that small lcd that’s no longer made anymore. Lots of great reviews and links on where to get it on YouTube. Im sold on it and kinda wanna get it while I can before grabbing a Retriod pocket 3 plus.

3 Likes

Love to see it. Gives me Metroid Fusion vibes.

4 Likes

The Miyoo Mini Plus looks pretty cool. You can plug it into the TV!

Edit: and it’s bigger!

1 Like

Ohhh that’s super awesome, I didn’t know that. I wasn’t going to upgrade but maybe now I will. I’m curious if the durability was upgraded at all.

2 Likes

From what I remember in the three or four main reviews on YouTube yes the fragile drop screen breaking issue some had has apparently been addressed better with the mini plus.

3 Likes

That’s good to hear. It was my main reason for holding off trying to catch the initial drop.

1 Like

Just ordered a RG353V off Amazon.

Any tips/tricks I should know about?

1 Like

Highly recommended using JELOS for OS.
For anything you’d need to know about it check out the timestamps in this Retro Game Corps review.
They also have ArkOS for an alternative CFW comes down to preferences and your own use case really.

4 Likes

I was thinking to myself earlier today, which sticker should I get for my ezflash jr cartridge… or should I just leave it completely clear? I took the sticker off and used some IPA to clean it up. .

2 Likes

I almost left mine clear since I’m doing an Aurora clear back shell half on this build but opted for one from Matthewmods on Etsy, the best of the best imho. I’ve gotten all mine from him.
Love the holographic versions.

1 Like

Today was a very very good day. :star_struck::sunglasses::nerd_face::heart_eyes::heart_hands::metal:

9 Likes

Apologies for the multiple posts but it’s just too beautiful not to share. Sorry not sorry. :yum:
Going to hack it with cfw and put the entire US 3DS library of Games, DLC, Updates, and Eshop Themes on it like my Zelda N3DSXL.
‌ ‌ ▲
▲‌▲ = <3

7 Likes

Also in case y’all haven’t seen it yet. :wink: The long time coming rumored Retriod Pocket Flip just revealed. Super excited for the specs on this. Hoping for a RP3+ or better chip set.

12 Likes

Oof I hadn’t seen that watermelon color yet. Dammit I told myself I didn’t need another one. What’s the heaviest console the RP3+ can emulate? Dreamcast? Some GameCube perhaps?

3 Likes

Those are beauts!

1 Like

Check out the time stamps in this vid for the section you wanna see performance in. :wink:

4 Likes

This google doc is a great resource of info on third party handhelds as well for emulation performance etc.

2 Likes

DYK if they announced a date? I was kind of thinking of picking up a Miyoo Mini Plus but might wait for this instead…

1 Like